ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help plz -PSW rejected & option of appeal given

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desi724
Newly Registered

Help plz -PSW rejected & option of appeal given

Post by desi724 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:06 am

Dear all,

I have my PSW rejected because as per my statement I never had £800 of cleared funds thoughout the 3 months period and i have been given option to appeal if i wish or leave the country.

This is because I was under an impression that £800 of cleared funds is required as an end balance of the stament and not for the whole of three months period (on the form it does not say anywhere that funds are to be available for whole of the durarion or as an end balance but does say the minimum level of funds should be available), obviously i was wrong, if I knew this before I would have send my savings account statement (instead of my curent account statement which i had sent) where I have over £800 of cleared funds throughout the required duration.

My question now is do i fullfil the criteria as the money is in my day-to-day savings account and what are the chances for the appeal to be allowed?
Can the questions be raised why did i not send my savings account statement initially?

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:02 pm

You can appeal and win as long as you had another account which has £800, for each and every day for the same 3 month period before you last application. And from what you have said, you have the money in your savings account. Good! So you can can appeal on the grounds that you are actually in possession of the required amount. I was in exactly your postion and thank God I won my appeal recently. I didnt understand the requirement properly. I misunderstood the criteria and admitted that in the appeal but because I had £800 plus, that is why I won. The appeal process is long and tiresome though. If this is the route you want to take be prepared for a hard journey. If you'ren not transitioning from the IGS to the PSW you can re apply from your home country, provided you have £2800 for 3 months. All the best.

desi724
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by desi724 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:23 pm

Thank you for your reply promise.
What exactly is the appeal process though?
How long does it usually take?
What is your timeline for appeal process?

Thanks once again.