ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to tier 1 extension application after day of expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

savvy_000

HSMP to tier 1 extension application after day of expiry

Post by savvy_000 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:55 am

Hi Guys/ Experts/ Moderators

I have been careless and im only to blame( been sick with flu this month). My HSMP is expiring on the 3rd of Jan 2010 which is a Sunday. And I am only eligible for Tier 1 extension if I were to include Dec09's payslip (I will be claiming for Jan 09-Dec 09) and bank statement which comes with a big bonus which gives me enough points to pass.

Can you please tell me if i make an application on the 4th jan 2010 either in person or by same day courier, would the home office accept this?

Or should i start packing my bag?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP to tier 1 extension application after day of expiry

Post by mvent00 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:33 am

Home office advises that you should apply at least one month before the expiry of your visa. If you have to include bank statements/payslips to score the necessary points, I would suggest to apply as soon as you get these, if possible before 3rd January. You would be safe.

If not possible to do so, you can apply on 4 January. If you have all the documents by this date, you do not need to pack bag.

savvy_000 wrote:Hi Guys/ Experts/ Moderators

I have been careless and im only to blame( been sick with flu this month). My HSMP is expiring on the 3rd of Jan 2010 which is a Sunday. And I am only eligible for Tier 1 extension if I were to include Dec09's payslip (I will be claiming for Jan 09-Dec 09) and bank statement which comes with a big bonus which gives me enough points to pass.

Can you please tell me if i make an application on the 4th jan 2010 either in person or by same day courier, would the home office accept this?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP to tier 1 extension application after day of expiry

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 am

You don't have to pack bag provided you plan properly. If you can post your documents/application before 3rd Jan by Royal Mail you will be fine. 3rd Jan is Sunday that means you have to post your application and documents by 2nd Jan anyhow. Since you want to include December 09 salary, you have to work under very tight timelines. You should start collecting all your documents except December payslips +bank statements which you can get from bank once salary is in account. Same goes with payslips too. If you get proper payslips then fine else you need to get it sign and stamped as well.
Except December payslips +bank statement, you can get all documents and keep them "completely" ready. All you will then need on 2nd Jan is to inlcude December paylslip+Bank Statement and post the application.

Drop a request to your bank for signed and stamped statement(stating you will need statement on short notice) so that they don't make much fuss on last minute. Sometime employer also transfer your salary early to make sure you meet the timelines of your visa renewal. You can try your employer as well.

You can use some of the template from this link. This should give you jumpstart to organise you application and information.
savvy_000 wrote:Hi Guys/ Experts/ Moderators

savvy_000

Thanks Guys

Post by savvy_000 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks mvent00 and chetanojha for the quick response and for giving me a clear head!

leoseptember
Newly Registered

Post by leoseptember » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:28 pm

you can switch to Tier 1 G from HSMP any time before it's expired, ie, you could even get it extended now as long as you got all the points.
And it will be extended from its supposed expire date. In your case, you visa will be extended from 3rd Jan 2010 even you apply now.
Hope this help.