ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa - proof of accomodation - Help needed ASAP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shrivast77
Newly Registered

Schengen visa - proof of accomodation - Help needed ASAP

Post by shrivast77 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:41 am

Wondering if someone can help me with my query regarding proof of accomodation required for Schengen visa especially from French or Swiss embassy. The info on the embassy website suggests following:

1.Confirmed hotel reservation or package tour confirmation by travel agent

2.Copy of the confirmed hotel reservation or package tour confirmation by travel agent
Reservation confirmation issued directly by the hotel clearly stating the visa- applicant’s full name, dates of check-in and out, the hotel address and contact details. Bookings made via a reservation centre will no longer be accepted. To ensure that visa applicants comply with the legislation in regards of the reality of stay in, controls will be made prior and after the visa has been granted.

We are however staying in the rented cottages/chalet which are booked directly through the owners using websites such as holiday-rental.co.uk or ownersdirect.com. In such cases how do we satisfy the above requirement?

Also, what does it mean by "directly by the hotel", does it mean the hotel should send the confirmation directly to the hotel or the hotel should send the confirmation directly to me. In my case can the chalet owner send the confirmation directly to me and will that satisfy the requirement?

I would appreciate if someone can reply to this post with the correct information.

Regards
Gaurav