ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to maintain Tier1 status with employment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farscape80
Newly Registered

how to maintain Tier1 status with employment

Post by farscape80 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:29 am

Gurus,

I am new to this board and i am thinking of applying for Tier1. From what i understand this visa will allow you to work for any employer.

However i wish to know if there are any explicit rules as to how long you can be without a job(may be searching) without jeopardizing any of the visa status rules.

Regards

savvy_000

Post by savvy_000 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:51 pm

Its simple, Tier 1 visa is valid for I think 2 or 3 years, when you want to extend it you need to show past earnings for 12 months, so technically you can be unemployed for the first 1 or 2 years, although if you are working your job has to come under highly skilled category. You never know what HO can dig deep.

farscape80
Newly Registered

Post by farscape80 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:57 am

Thanks savvy_000.

Okay i guess that makes sense. You can get your initial Tier 1 based on points based system, but then to get the extensions you need to be employed 12 months minimum before you reach settlement stage.

IMHO - I wish they had built a bit more flexibility into the system..say employed 70% of the time before extension etc.