ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of maintanance in the UK for spouse visa FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tmtasa
Newly Registered

Post by Tmtasa » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 pm

I understand it's now compulsory for spouses of permanent residents to switch to this category even though they are on another valid /different visa category.

I am failing to get enough information as to how much money is enough for maintanance.

Does anyone know how much is regarded as sufficient funds for someone switching to spouse visa category FLR(M) from another visa category in the Uk.

Thanks in advance.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:02 pm

It's not compulsory to switch to a spouse visa from another category. If you have a visa and gain ILR quicker through it, it wouldn't make much sense to switch. Unless you are on something temporary like a student visa which will take ten years before ILR(which will seize to exist in 2011 anyways).

Anyways to meet the maintenance criteria, you need to have £100.95/week left after rent and council tax if you're living as just a couple with no child dependents.

Tmtasa
Newly Registered

Post by Tmtasa » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks for your quick response. Where can i get detailed info as to how much should reflect on back statements and for how long?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Proof of maintanance in the UK for spouse visa FLR(M)

Post by ElenaW » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:29 pm

Tmtasa wrote:Thanks for your quick response. Where can i get detailed info as to how much should reflect on back statements and for how long?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... lr%28m%29/

I think you need to show 3-6 months worth of bank statements. There is no set amount("magic number") as long as you make over the amount that I stated above.