ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No appointments available at French consulate in London

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tintin04
Newly Registered

No appointments available at French consulate in London

Post by tintin04 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:04 am

I am planning to visit Paris on 27th Dec with my wife, but I find that there are no appointments for Schengen visa shown available for December on the French Consulate site. Only appointments in Jan 2010 are shown available. What does this mean - that all appointments/visa quota has been exhausted and will be available only next year? It looks pretty disappointing. :( Please share your views.

I am an Indian working in UK on a work permit. How much time will the French consulate take to issue a visa if all documents are in order?

Markie

Re: No appointments available at French consulate in London

Post by Markie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:39 am

try calling their premium number...normally they still have allocation for the next 7 days. the online appt calendar is always full by the start of the month.

book for the 10am or earlier...queues are very long and expect to eait for at least 3-4 hrs.

as for your next question...it is same day issuance see notes taken from website

quote:

On account of your nationality, you may expect your visa:
the day of your application. Allow a few hours for the processing of your application.
Several weeks for a postal application - Please ensure that your county is accepted by the postal department.

Please note that waiting times are given as general guidelines and that actual waiting times may vary

unquote:
tintin04 wrote:I am planning to visit Paris on 27th Dec with my wife, but I find that there are no appointments for Schengen visa shown available for December on the French Consulate site. Only appointments in Jan 2010 are shown available. What does this mean - that all appointments/visa quota has been exhausted and will be available only next year? It looks pretty disappointing. :( Please share your views.

I am an Indian working in UK on a work permit. How much time will the French consulate take to issue a visa if all documents are in order?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:30 am

U can apply by post if you live outside 'London'....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: No appointments available at French consulate in London

Post by gotcha » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 pm

tintin04 wrote:I am planning to visit Paris on 27th Dec with my wife, but I find that there are no appointments for Schengen visa shown available for December on the French Consulate site. Only appointments in Jan 2010 are shown available. What does this mean - that all appointments/visa quota has been exhausted and will be available only next year? It looks pretty disappointing. :( Please share your views.

Every thursday, after 3 PM, they release some appointments , due to cancellations. Check it.