ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for UK Experience when extending, please more inputs!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

savvy_000

Points for UK Experience when extending, please more inputs!

Post by savvy_000 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi all,
Im in the process of extending my HSMP under Tier 1, The section for UK experience in the UKBA's points calculator : https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... AY_04_HELP

Does this mean that if this is an extension, I am unable to claim those 5 points??
I have qualification and past earnings in the UK which i did claim on my initial hsmp application as well.

Please help me to clear this doubt.
Last edited by savvy_000 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Question on Points for UK Experience when extending

Post by mvent00 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:36 pm

savvy_000 wrote:Hi all,
Im in the process of extending my HSMP under Tier 1, The section for UK experience in the UKBA's points calculator : https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... AY_04_HELP

Does this mean that if this is an extension, I am unable to claim those 5 points?? NO
I have qualification and past earnings in the UK which i did claim on my initial hsmp application as well.

Please help me to clear this doubt.

savvy_000

Please confirm..

Post by savvy_000 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:55 pm

On page 27-28 on the tier 1 general guidance :

Claiming points – extension applications only

148. An applicant can claim a maximum of five points if he/she has scored points for previous earnings and those earnings were made in the United Kingdom.

149. We will only award points for United Kingdom earnings if the applicant’s immigration status in the United Kingdom legally entitled him/her to be in the United Kingdom and work here throughout the period during which the earnings were made.