ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Converting from subclass 457 visa

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

george_j
Newly Registered

Converting from subclass 457 visa

Post by george_j » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello

I have a subclass 457 visa, am a citizen of India and in Melbourne on company deputation. I am a software professional with over 6 years of IT experience Can anyone please comment on the following queries

1. Am i allowed to work for any other company after quitting from my parent company?

2. If Ans to 1 is no then which visa should I be applying under? How long (approx) would it take to process this visa.

3. Is my wife allowed to work if she accompanies me on the 457 visa? If i quit my job how long would we be allowed to live in Australia

Thanks
George

Aryan Migration
Newly Registered

Post by Aryan Migration » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Dear George,

1. Am i allowed to work for any other company after quitting from my parent company?

Yes, you can change your company and join any other company within Australia within 28 days.

2. If Ans to 1 is no then which visa should I be applying under? How long (approx) would it take to process this visa.

3. Is my wife allowed to work if she accompanies me on the 457 visa? If i quit my job how long would we be allowed to live in Australia.

Your wife also will have full working rights similar to you. If you do not work full-time in your nominated field, then you MUST quit Australia within 28 days or change to a new employer.

Vikas Jain
MMIA# 3698 & MARN# 0958336
E-Mail: info@aryanmigration.com.au