ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Silly question but I cannot find a definite answer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

USAapplicant
Newly Registered

Silly question but I cannot find a definite answer

Post by USAapplicant » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:30 pm

So I've been in the UK on a Tier 1 for the last few months trying to look for a job in accounting. It is proving to be rather difficult and I am running out of funds to support myself here. If I were to get a seasonal job (not in accounting/business) would i be jeopardizing my chances of getting an extension later?

With the Tier 1 visa, is one restricted to finding a job in the field one is "highly skilled" in?

Thanks!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:39 pm

With Tier1(G) visa you can do any job if you qualify and can do.. it is not restricted to ur profession only.. and it will not effect the extension later also.. u need to earn enough points by earning enough..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:With Tier1(G) visa you can do any job if you qualify and can do.. it is not restricted to ur profession only.. and it will not effect the extension later also.. u need to earn enough points by earning enough..
Ditto.