ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

original documents submission

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farscape80
Newly Registered

original documents submission

Post by farscape80 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:14 am

Gurus,

I have been reading up the forums regarding Tier 1 application. Based on the forms it has sections where you confirm whether original documents are attached.

My question is this

1. When you make the application, do you submit originals like " degree certificates" etc and these stay with the consulate for 2/3 weeks while they make a decision?

Or do you provide copies and then take the originals with passport for the visa interview?

I am just concerned about them misplacing/losing it...not a common occurrence but still these are difficult to replace.

appreciate your feedback based on your experience.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: original documents submission

Post by mvent00 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:19 am

farscape80 wrote:Gurus,

I have been reading up the forums regarding Tier 1 application. Based on the forms it has sections where you confirm whether original documents are attached.

My question is this

1. When you make the application, do you submit originals like " degree certificates" etc and these stay with the consulate for 2/3 weeks while they make a decision? YES, you must submit originals.

Or do you provide copies and then take the originals with passport for the visa interview? NO, you must submit originals with your application. Usually, people applying outside UK also need to submit photocopies of all originals with the application.
I am just concerned about them misplacing/losing it...not a common occurrence but still these are difficult to replace. All originals will be returned to you.
appreciate your feedback based on your experience.