ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current time line for visa processing

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Current time line for visa processing

Post by david1955 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi, Do anyone like to share the time taken for their visa application processing. I submited by application 2 1/2 weeks ago..but still havent heart anything from homeoffice...my application looks straight forward to me. The reason why i am worried is coz i have got travelling plans during christmas.
any feedback will be appreciated.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:53 pm

A quick search says that it is taking around 4-6weeks but it again depends on each case...

agaurav009
Newly Registered

2.5 weeks is just close to shortest possible time

Post by agaurav009 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:06 pm

I got intimation of my visa approval in 2.5 weeks and received my passport in 3+2/7 weeks. So, just wait for one more week atleast before even thinking about doing something like enquiring or travel-plan changes.
which country you applied your visa application from?

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: 2.5 weeks is just close to shortest possible time

Post by david1955 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:40 pm

agaurav009 wrote:I got intimation of my visa approval in 2.5 weeks and received my passport in 3+2/7 weeks. So, just wait for one more week atleast before even thinking about doing something like enquiring or travel-plan changes.

currently i am in united kingdom..
i am switching from Post study work visa to TIER 2 visa......

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Average at the moment is about 15 - 20 working days. I've seen some in 10 days but they're rare.

hotjava
Newly Registered

Post by hotjava » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:00 am

i have been waiting for almost 6 weeks now, haven't got my Passport back yet.

Is there anyway to check the processing status for my apllication. My new employee seems already lost patiance to wait for me. I dont have second chances at all since my VISA expires in 1 week!!

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:38 am

Unfortuantley not before 14 weeks of an application being outstanding.

Was there anythnig in your application that could be viewed as complicated? Any previous imigration history or 4 dependants with you? Were the forms filled out by hand? Has your employer covered the maintainence requiremnt for you or have you provided bank statements?

All these can be factors.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:11 pm

agaurav009 wrote:I got intimation of my visa approval in 2.5 weeks and received my passport in 3+2/7 weeks. So, just wait for one more week atleast before even thinking about doing something like enquiring or travel-plan changes.
Hi i applied for my visa from united kingdom.
From where and when did u applied for your visa?

djzack

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:44 am

david1955 wrote:
I guess I am the same as you david1955, I've applied for my extension from within the UK on the 12th November and haven't had any reply whatsover.

I am amazed though, that they were quick enough to deduct my application fees and send me the acknowledgement letter the next day when they received it.

I am in a very critical time situation as you, and in my case I will lose my employment offer if I don't hear anything before Christmas. I don't know what to do and I don't know how to get an update!

Do you have any suggestions as to what can be done?

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:48 am

djzack wrote:
david1955 wrote:
I guess I am the same as you david1955, I've applied for my extension from within the UK on the 12th November and haven't had any reply whatsover.

I am amazed though, that they were quick enough to deduct my application fees and send me the acknowledgement letter the next day when they received it.

I am in a very critical time situation as you, and in my case I will lose my employment offer if I don't hear anything before Christmas. I don't know what to do and I don't know how to get an update!

Hi Djzack,
Why dont you call homeoffice and tell your situation..and tell them u will loose your job. Ask them to treat your application urgently and will be fine paying anything extra for the urgent application..
try this and see wat happens

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Hi Gaurav, can you please tell me from where and when did u applied for your tier 2 application.

thanks

djzack

Post by djzack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:23 pm

david1955 wrote:
djzack wrote:
david1955 wrote:

Hi Djzack,
Why dont you call homeoffice and tell your situation..and tell them u will loose your job. Ask them to treat your application urgently and will be fine paying anything extra for the urgent application..
try this and see wat happens
Just spent more than 40 mins on the phone waiting to get through to someone on the inquiry line, explained them my whole case, literally pleaded to give me some clues as to where my documents are. But no, nothing could move the person on the other side, he never gave me any information other than saying what was already there on the website.

I've confirmed with my employer this morning to see if they could do anything by calling the employer's helpline, but even they weren't given any updates.

ap007

Post by ap007 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:27 pm

Mine took exactly 4 weeks, second application for the same job!

Posted application 20th Oct, Recieved passport with Tier 2 on 17th Nov.