ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For how long can I apply student dependant visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raj1972
Newly Registered

For how long can I apply student dependant visa

Post by Raj1972 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:03 am

Hi,
My wife has her student visa expiring in another 22 months. But her current course of study finishes in 5 months time. This was because she skipped the sandwitch year of her degree.
Now I want o apply for student dependant visa under her and how long can I tell them I wish to stay in UK.

If I say only 5 months time will they grant me visa as its a short period. Or can I say the whole 22 months but still the course finishes in 5 months. She hasn't decided yet to do more studies after the degree.

I have been in UK for 5 years on student + tier 1 post study visa but now I am out of UK working in another country. My U.K. visa expired one week ago. All I want is to join with her in U.K and she might apply for tier1 post study as well.

Could you please advise.

Thanks

joh118

Re: For how long can I apply student dependant visa

Post by joh118 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:55 am

Raj1972 wrote:Hi,
My wife has her student visa expiring in another 22 months. But her current course of study finishes in 5 months time. This was because she skipped the sandwitch year of her degree.
Now I want o apply for student dependant visa under her and how long can I tell them I wish to stay in UK.

If I say only 5 months time will they grant me visa as its a short period. Or can I say the whole 22 months but still the course finishes in 5 months. She hasn't decided yet to do more studies after the degree.

I have been in UK for 5 years on student + tier 1 post study visa but now I am out of UK working in another country. My U.K. visa expired one week ago. All I want is to join with her in U.K and she might apply for tier1 post study as well.

Could you please advise.

Thanks
If you apply, you will get a visa until her studies finish. So, in this case, 22 months.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: For how long can I apply student dependant visa

Post by ElenaW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:57 am

Raj1972 wrote:Hi,

Could you please advise.

Thanks
She has to decide what she's doing quick because as her dependent you can only stay as long as she's got valid stay. If she's done in 5 months, you only get 5 months.
I tell it like it is.

Raj1972
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1972 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:13 am

Hi, Thanks for the replies,

Well, When I fill the student dependant application it asks how long am I going to stay in UK and specially it asks the exact dates I wish to enter to UK and exit.
My wife has visa for another 22 months, but since her degree completes in 5 months time and her university letter says it too, What can I say in the application that how long I am intending to stay in UK.

Can I say that 22 months period, if so on which grounds?
Its obvious that she will do a Msc or apply for post study visa once she finish this course. But I think I can't mention that ?

I am confused what to say. .
Pls tell me what is the best I can say of my duration of stay.
Please advice.

Thanks.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Raj1972 wrote:Hi, Thanks for the replies,

Well, When I fill the student dependant application it asks how long am I going to stay in UK and specially it asks the exact dates I wish to enter to UK and exit.
My wife has visa for another 22 months, but since her degree completes in 5 months time and her university letter says it too, What can I say in the application that how long I am intending to stay in UK.

Can I say that 22 months period, if so on which grounds?
Its obvious that she will do a Msc or apply for post study visa once she finish this course. But I think I can't mention that ?

I am confused what to say. .
Pls tell me what is the best I can say of my duration of stay.
Please advice.

Thanks.
If she is staying for the full 22 months and will continue her studies you should put that amount of time.
I tell it like it is.

Raj1972
Newly Registered

Post by Raj1972 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Ok if I put full 22 months will she want to tell her plans of her further studies (after she finishes current course in 5 months) right now in my application.

For that we havent got any plans yet or cannot show funds right now. But we know we will apply Post Study or do MSc when she finish this degree.

Should I talk those things in the application or can I just put 22 months.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:38 pm

Raj1972 wrote:Ok if I put full 22 months will she want to tell her plans of her further studies (after she finishes current course in 5 months) right now in my application.

For that we havent got any plans yet or cannot show funds right now. But we know we will apply Post Study or do MSc when she finish this degree.

Should I talk those things in the application or can I just put 22 months.
Funds are a very important part of the application. If I were you, I wouldn't apply until I had the funds as it will give them a good reason to refuse you.
I tell it like it is.