ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born in UK, Parents on ILR with Indian Passport.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

herts
Member of Standing

child born in UK, Parents on ILR with Indian Passport.

Post by herts » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:08 am

Hi members,
We are expecting a child in a months time, we both hold ILR on Indian passports. What passport will my child get, Red British or child could get Indian passport, anybody knowing please advise.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 am

Child will be British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks Vinny for quick reply.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:40 am

Vinny,
To condense it all,
1) After the baby is born, First thing to get a birth certificate,
2) Then Fill out MN1 form,
3) Then apply for the British passport
Is this correct ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:15 am

herts wrote:Vinny,
To condense it all,
1) After the baby is born, First thing to get a birth certificate,
2) Then Fill out MN1 form,
3) Then apply for the British passport
Is this correct ?
If a parent already has ILR when the child is born in the UK, then MN1 application is unnecessary.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks Vinny,
So in my case 1) Birth certificate and 2) British passport.
Cool..

zobir
Newly Registered

Post by zobir » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:57 pm

Hello there !
you don't need to register your child you just apply for his or her British passport trought the post office,the MN1 form is for the people that they had new born before they got them ILR,just form 2 pictures and your passoprt feel up the form with in one week you will get your child passport .

centennial

Re: child born in UK, Parents on ILR with Indian Passport.

Post by centennial » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:20 pm

as I have been through same process recently so thought to share my experience. Like you we were also on ILR when baby born in first week of sept'09 (infact we still are on ILR).

You need not to register you child any where , just fill the online application for your kid (they will take print out of the form and send it to you). Get the GP signed your kid's application and send the application through post office send and check service along with following document:

1. Full birth certificate (mother and father name should be mentioned there).
2. your passport (if you are signing the application for the kid)
3. 2 passport photos
4. Covering letter, explaing your situation to rule out any scoop of any assumption made by caseworker.

thats it really. We sShould get the passport within 2 weeks.

If you need any more help drop me email on ashuchoudhary at hotmail.com

herts wrote:Hi members,
We are expecting a child in a months time, we both hold ILR on Indian passports. What passport will my child get, Red British or child could get Indian passport, anybody knowing please advise.

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:01 pm

zobir wrote:Hello there !
you don't need to register your child you just apply for his or her British passport trought the post office,the MN1 form is for the people that they had new born before they got them ILR,just form 2 pictures and your passoprt feel up the form with in one week you will get your child passport .
Hi there,
I am hoping that you could help me on this. I was on Tier 1 and switched to ILR based on long residency. My spouse is about to complete 10 year as well. Is my child eligible for British citizenship as he was born before I got ILR but has been on Tier 1 dependent visa.
Thanks
S

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:59 pm

saurya_s wrote:Hi there,
I am hoping that you could help me on this. I was on Tier 1 and switched to ILR based on long residency. My spouse is about to complete 10 year as well. Is my child eligible for British citizenship as he was born before I got ILR but has been on Tier 1 dependent visa.
Thanks
S
Immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.

toki
Newly Registered

hi vinny

Post by toki » Tue May 01, 2012 4:06 pm

hi,vinny ,
thanks you r helping people lots.................
i have some questions
i)on mn1 form section 2,there is a question...

2.1 If the child is resident in the United Kingdom or a British overseas territory (see page 8 of the guide), please give
date and place of first arrival.

my question is ,my baby is born in uk,so shall i blank is question?
another question is --

it is necessary to send our passport with my baby's mn1 form?because my husband applied for me for spouse(flr(m) visa.we don't know when it will come.we have our passport photocopy (solicitors approved that it is original).is it ok?
please try to give me the answer pls............................
thanks .
toki

gauravdeepsingh
Newly Registered

ILR in a few months

Post by gauravdeepsingh » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi Vinny,

You have helped quite a few members, I hope you can help me too.

My wife and I are currently on Tier 1 and are due to apply for ILR in July 2013. We are expecting our first child in April 2013. I have been told we don't need to register our child for the first few months and can apply for his British Passport straight away once we get our ILR in 3 months after the baby is born.

Is our understanding correct? I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Many thanks.

Gaurav

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR in a few months

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 pm

gauravdeepsingh wrote:Hi Vinny,

You have helped quite a few members, I hope you can help me too.

My wife and I are currently on Tier 1 and are due to apply for ILR in July 2013. We are expecting our first child in April 2013. I have been told we don't need to register our child for the first few months and can apply for his British Passport straight away once we get our ILR in 3 months after the baby is born.

Is our understanding correct? I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Many thanks.

Gaurav
See Q3 & Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Children.

gauravdeepsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gauravdeepsingh » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Thank you Jambo. Very useful. Much appreciated.

ssp22
Newly Registered

Post by ssp22 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:21 am

Hello, this is my first post here :)

My daughter was born on May28th 2013 in Leicester and we had to travel unexpectedly to India on July 22nd. My husband didn't get his ILR by then so she traveled on Indian Passport. On Sept 20th he got his ILR. I'm still on Tier-1 dependent visa. I'm planning to come back to the UK in December. What is the best procedure? 1. Can I process a visitor visa for my daughter and then process her British Passport there? 2. Or should I apply a PR dependent for both of us from India? 3. Can my husband process her British Passport from UK and come to India along with her passport? Kindly advise me accordingly. Thank You

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:08 am

ssp22 wrote:Hello, this is my first post here :)

My daughter was born on May28th 2013 in Leicester and we had to travel unexpectedly to India on July 22nd. My husband didn't get his ILR by then so she traveled on Indian Passport. On Sept 20th he got his ILR. I'm still on Tier-1 dependent visa. I'm planning to come back to the UK in December. What is the best procedure? 1. Can I process a visitor visa for my daughter and then process her British Passport there? 2. Or should I apply a PR dependent for both of us from India? 3. Can my husband process her British Passport from UK and come to India along with her passport? Kindly advise me accordingly. Thank You
All options are possible:
* You can try applying for a visitor visa (cheaper option) but this is not guaranteed to be granted as it is clear she will not visiting.

* You can apply for a child settlement visa (expensive).

* Your husband can apply for child's Registration from the UK (2-3 months) and then you can apply for a British passport (around 6 weeks) from India.

shani0117
Newly Registered

Post by shani0117 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:57 pm

I was initially dependent of my husband who was work permit holder. Now he alongwith me have got ILR few months back. Soon i m going to have baby in April. We are planning to do christening in India soon after birth in UK. I assume the baby will be british citizen on account of born in UK to ILR parents. My question is how do we take the baby to india for christening soon after... May be in 2 months time... Do we apply for british or indian passport for baby or is there a better possible way. Our main aim is to do the christening of baby in India. Can anyone help in this matter? whats the process. Many thanks

shani0117
Newly Registered

Post by shani0117 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 pm

How much time it takes to get passport either indian or british and whats the process for it.
We need to travel to India basically soon after passport is ready of baby..so best possible way.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:23 pm

shani0117 wrote:How much time it takes to get passport either indian or british and whats the process for it.
We need to travel to India basically soon after passport is ready of baby..so best possible way.
british child passport takes a few days if using fast track service
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 pm