ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding re-entering UK with a tourist visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nostalgic_echo
Newly Registered

Regarding re-entering UK with a tourist visa.

Post by nostalgic_echo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm currently holding a UK tourist/visit visa expired in March 2010. I stayed there for a month last October, and planning on visiting UK again. My question is, would my visa receive another stamp on it? Or will there be only one stamp, i.e. the first day on entry?

Thank you.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Regarding re-entering UK with a tourist visa.

Post by ElenaW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 pm

nostalgic_echo wrote:I'm currently holding a UK tourist/visit visa expired in March 2010. I stayed there for a month last October, and planning on visiting UK again. My question is, would my visa receive another stamp on it? Or will there be only one stamp, i.e. the first day on entry?

Thank you.
You will get another stamp in your passport I believe.
I tell it like it is.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 pm

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:You will get another stamp in your passport I believe.
Correct!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:49 am

Rozen wrote:
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:You will get another stamp in your passport I believe.
Correct!
:D yay
I tell it like it is.

nostalgic_echo
Newly Registered

Post by nostalgic_echo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks guys. But a friend of mine said that she did not get another stamp, other than the one she got from her first entry. This is really confusing.

taylondon

stamping

Post by taylondon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 am

u do get your passport stamped each time u enter the UK. Check if your visitor visa is single entry or multi entry.
check also ''duration'' section.
my mother has got 2 years multi entry visitor visa but its duration is 180 days only.
that means she can stay in the UK total of 180 days within 2 years

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: stamping

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:42 am

taylondon wrote:u do get your passport stamped each time u enter the UK. Check if your visitor visa is single entry or multi entry.
check also ''duration'' section.
my mother has got 2 years multi entry visitor visa but its duration is 180 days only.
that means she can stay in the UK total of 180 days within 2 years
Not quite - the IDI's say 6 months in every 12, ie 180 in every 365 ish...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

nostalgic_echo
Newly Registered

Post by nostalgic_echo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:49 am

Well, I have a multiple entry visa valid for 6 months with period of stay of 180 days. So basically, doesn't matter if entered the UK 4 times a month, my duration of stay would never exceed 180 days.

And I didn't get my visa stamped when I left UK! It's kinda weird.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: stamping

Post by Rozen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:43 am

taylondon wrote:that means she can stay in the UK total of 180 days within 2 years
NO! It means she can stay a total of 180 days (6 months) in every year (12 months) of her long term visit visa!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 am

nostalgic_echo wrote: And I didn't get my visa stamped when I left UK! It's kinda weird.
They don't usually stamp your passport when you're leaving UK! They stamp it when you're coming in!
A multi entry visit visa will almost certainly be stamped every time you enter the UK on it! I know. I have a long term family visit one, and they do it all the time!

taylondon

duration

Post by taylondon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:50 am

a 56 years old women, a mother of friend of mine was sent back to Turkey from Stansted Airport because she stayed 225 days in total. her 2 years visa was due to be expired on the 20th of November 2009

she got her visitor visa cancelled and she was sent back on the 19th of July 2009 just 4 months before her visa expired. She was given 3 pages decision letter explaining clearly why they cancelled her visa. The reason was on the letter that she extended her allowed duration period by 45 days.

the first year she stayed 100 days total of 3 different times and the second year of her visa she stayed 125 days total of 4 different times

in reality this happens, in reality I observe this and I seen the decision letter with my eyes, I read it and it was clear. They went to appeal they have not yet been given a court date, still in process.

I have never read that rule (180 days in every 1 year) on anywhere. Even on the visa it does not write like that. It does not say ''duration 180 days in every 1 year'' but it says '' duration 180 days''

however you could be still right by saying 180 days in every 365 days. but in practical life specially at the entry ports at the airports this is not the case all the time.

if a case happens, it might happen again

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: duration

Post by Rozen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:19 pm

taylondon wrote:I have never read that rule (180 days in every 1 year) on anywhere.
Please refer 2.1.9 FREQUENCY AND DURATION OF VISITS

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

taylondon

section

Post by taylondon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 pm

Rozen,
I read the rule, and will send it to my friend for their appeal, they did not instruct a solicitor, they are trying to prepare their own bundle themselves
thank you very much for sending the link

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: section

Post by Rozen » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Taylondon,
If it is as you have explained, I suspect your friend's mother will win her appeal. Unless, there's another reason why the IO saw reason to cancel her visa…
All the best!