ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gidoc

When to apply for ILR

Post by gidoc » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi all,
Please advise eligibility for ILR for Self and for dependents:
Self: Entered UK April 2005 on WP, Wife and 2 children entered two months later, as WP dependents
All switched to HSMP July 2006
All had HSMP extension up to Jul 2011 and limited leave to remain until then.
( wife travels frequently to India)

I am eligible for ILR in Apr 2010 but the rest become eligible in June 2010

Q1.
I will apply in Jun 2010. Do we all have to prove our stay of 5 yrs or just me the main applicant has to do it and then all others will follow?
(there is a minor variations, my wife has stayed out more than rest of us and may be in excess of 180 days)

Q2. All my relevant docs of 5 yrs are there, I have permanent employment. No proof was asked for my wife as dependent(Marriage certf was sent of course) like joint utility bills or bank account at the time of extension.
Am I right in assuming that no other documents are required for dependents other than those mentioned in the Set O form to provide proof of their living in UK for 5 yrs?

Q3.Am I right in the following?- I had HSMP before Nov 2006 but after April 2006, so I have to complete 5 yrs( and not 4) for ILR but do not require to give Life in UK test?

Q4. All of us will be eligible for Citizenship in 2011 if obtain ILR in 2010.

Grateful for help and advise.

Thanks
SM

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:49 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.