ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering with Recruitment Agency to get sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lin

Registering with Recruitment Agency to get sponsor

Post by lin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi all,

I only have 10 months left on my PSW, wondered if anyone registered with recruitment agency in order to find suitable jobs and employer that are willing to sponsor?

I am based in Manchester, any tips will be much appreciated, thanks.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:15 pm

I have no personal experience apart from that many employers I know have no agency workers at the moment because they have got rid of them first rather than making substantive staff redundant.

Remember that agencies cannot be sponsors, so ideally you need an agency that will place you with an employer. Although I know temporary work as an agency worker can be a foot in the door.

Unfortunately, I also know that employers I know are getting so many good candidates through cheap advertising campaigns, recommend a friend schemes or from speculative CVs that they are not using agencies at all at the moment.

lin

Post by lin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:18 pm

thx for the advise, i might ask around few recruitment agency if they can match me with registered sponsors, if they can't, what's the point isn't it?

on that note, i'll have to keep looking (see if im lucky)... afterall, u've got to be in it to win it :)