ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Student visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joh118

ILR and Student visa

Post by joh118 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:56 pm

I will be on a student visa when I apply for ILR. I understand that you remain in your current visa category until your case is decided.

As a student you can work 20 hous a week during study times and 40 hours a week during holidays. If my course finishes whilst the UKBA are making a decision, does it mean I can work 40 hours until they make a decision?

gulyana786
BANNED

Post by gulyana786 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:50 pm

If your course finish than you can work more than 20 hrs but you have to provide an evidence from college that your course was finished thats why you worked full time during your free time. If home office takes long time than you have to progress your study because you have to satisfy them that you were living legally in this country.

Hope this answer satisfy you.

Thanks,