ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When do VFS release appointments?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

junai

When do VFS release appointments?

Post by junai » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:59 am

Me - British
Fiance - South African

Applying for spouses's visa.

Hi all,

Have applied online for the spouse's visa but when it came to the part where you choose your appointment date and time there were no appointments available for January and in fact no appointments for the whole of 2010. This was the same for all VFS locations in South Africa.

I could, however, have got an appointment for tomorrow. This suggests to me that they only release appointments for the current calender month. Does anyone know if this is the case?

In addition the we aren't actually married yet but have put on the form that we were married on 16th Jan 2010 (as this is when we are going to be married). Is this going to be an issue? The declaration has the date of 8th December on it - is this going to be viewed as deception as at that stage (8th Dec) we weren't actually married?

Thanks in advance for any help.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:22 pm

I don't believe you can apply so in advance, specially in the case a spouse visa and you are not married yet. I would wait until you are married and then submit the application. For now you can get all the paperwork together.
I'm not sure is for you to choose the date of the interview, I think the embassy will give you a date.
Good luck