ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of the Country for 3 months at a time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

berserker66
Newly Registered

Out of the Country for 3 months at a time

Post by berserker66 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 am

I am a British Citizen and work in Germany. My Wife has ILR and lives with me in Germany. We normally return to UK every 3 months for a long weekend and upto now she has not had any problem with Immigration. I am aware that she may lose her ILR if she is absent for more than 2 years, but I would like to know the finer details of that and what time restrictions are there on leaving the UK.

Anyone got any ideas ??

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:20 am

I will post a link when I can find it that would answer your query.
Has she got permanent residence card in germany as a spouse of eea national?

berserker66
Newly Registered

Post by berserker66 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:44 am

Yes she has a Residency Card for Germany

republique
BANNED

Re: Out of the Country for 3 months at a time

Post by republique » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:23 am

berserker66 wrote:I am a British Citizen and work in Germany. My Wife has ILR and lives with me in Germany. We normally return to UK every 3 months for a long weekend and upto now she has not had any problem with Immigration. I am aware that she may lose her ILR if she is absent for more than 2 years, but I would like to know the finer details of that and what time restrictions are there on leaving the UK.

Anyone got any ideas ??
When she received ILR she was given details about its conditions and those details are available on the ho website

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:47 pm

her having a german residence card could be looked at as abandoning her settled status in uk. plus if an IO think that she is just using her ILR as a free tourist visa, they might want to dig a bit deeper into her circumstances.