ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAP FICO jobs in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_aspi

SAP FICO jobs in UK

Post by hsmp_aspi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi friends

I am a Chartered Accountant from India and am applying for HSMP. I wanted to check the SAP job prospects for FICO consultants in UK. Since the market is opening up, have the job prospects improved?

Do I need to travel to the UK to search for a job or can I apply online and obtain the job?

Any guidance in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: SAP FICO jobs in UK

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:26 pm

hsmp_aspi wrote:Hi friends

I am a Chartered Accountant from India and am applying for HSMP. I wanted to check the SAP job prospects for FICO consultants in UK. Since the market is opening up, have the job prospects improved?

Do I need to travel to the UK to search for a job or can I apply online and obtain the job?

Any guidance in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Who said market is opening up? Anyway SAP isn't so prevalent in UK as it is in Europe, although there are SAP shops....

No chance of getting a job unless ur here, that's for certain.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks for the quick response....

Whooo.....that means sacrificing my present job to be in UK to find jobs.......that sounds a lil risky....

What do u suggest? Some tips would be really helpful.....

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Donno what tips can one possibly give?

Put yourself in the employer's shoes. Will you hire from someone based on a telephonic interview, without even seeing the person, when the total jobless people in the country is 2.1 million. I wont.

On a serious note, if possible you can apply for a leave of 1 to 2 months, come here, search for a job and if you get one, go back and resign. If this is feasible, I will recommend coming in now, as permanent job market is usually shut in Dec / Jan.
hsmp_aspi wrote:Thanks for the quick response....

Whooo.....that means sacrificing my present job to be in UK to find jobs.......that sounds a lil risky....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:33 pm

hsmp_aspi wrote:Thanks for the quick response....

Well people have done it via a UK number redirect, search here but I'd say the chances are very slim, with so many SAP guys UK and EU out of work and here....

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Well, need to do that way as u suggest..........

What would be average amount that i need to carry in case I intend to travel there for 2 months approx to look for a job? And would staying in London be the right choice? Or any other cities would also offer some job prospects?

Thanks in advance...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:46 pm

hsmp_aspi wrote:Well, need to do that way as u suggest..........

What would be average amount that i need to carry in case I intend to travel there for 2 months approx to look for a job? And would staying in London be the right choice? Or any other cities would also offer some job prospects?

Thanks in advance...
I just had 7 months without a job, I was lucky I had a war chest, but it shows how thin on the ground jobs are, perm and especially contract.

17 years experience BTW and I'm no fuddy-duddy miserable old bastard!

London is where 90% of the roles are, but London is expensive, for two months I recommend you bring about £4k.....

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Cool.......So its gonna be a challenge....

By the way, how is crime rate there, especially since I wont be staying in some prime area. Would it be safe to walk back home/hotel in the late evenings? I have especially heard about cases of people being attacked late evenings/nights. Maybe my info is not that correct, you would be in a better position to guide me.....

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:05 pm

hsmp_aspi wrote:Cool.......So its gonna be a challenge....

By the way, how is crime rate there, especially since I wont be staying in some prime area. Would it be safe to walk back home/hotel in the late evenings? I have especially heard about cases of people being attacked late evenings/nights. Maybe my info is not that correct, you would be in a better position to guide me.....

Thanks
I've never worked in London, apart from the occasional couple of days on business, but I don't like it. My son won't go - reckons u 'get stabbed...'

Reality is it's a safe as most big cities, keep ur wits about u, other places are safer.....

I live in Leeds, it's not bad, whereas Bradford is frightening on weekend night, we won't go anymore...

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Hmmm.....so things arent looking so rosy..... :o

Wanderer...whr are u frm originally? Are u asian?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:03 pm

hsmp_aspi wrote:Hmmm.....so things arent looking so rosy..... :o

Wanderer...whr are u frm originally? Are u asian?
Nope, White British born in Bolton, Lancashire!

I;ve 'wandered' about the EU and Former Soviet Bloc and my team is my home town team - Bolton Wanderers hence the moniker.

My gf is Asian tho - Slavic, born in Asiatic Russia!

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Cool......great to get some guidance from you.....will keep u posted on my progress and will bombard u with some querie as well..... :D

jaishivaji
Newly Registered

hi

Post by jaishivaji » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:33 pm

If you want to leave in London with sharing room, I have done this inquiry. You can get shared accomodation for GBP 60 to 70 per week, tiffin of one time at GBP 3, broad band cost around GBP 25 to 30 per month (you must have this to search for jobs), there will be occasional travel when you get interview call. So consider GBP 450 to 500 per month min.

To get a job in UK, you must be in UK unless you have exceptional skill which is not available in UK.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Jaishivaji, where abouts is the tiffin for £3, please let us know the area, thanks

jaishivaji
Newly Registered

tififn

Post by jaishivaji » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:13 am

i checked that on website just few days back and remembered the least price available for indian food.

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:29 am

Hi

If we go for shared accomodation, do u think it would be safe? I mean sharing the room with people whim you dont even know. Do u think that it would be a good idea? That is something which is my main concern when it comes to finding an accomodation.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:12 pm

hsmp_aspi wrote:Hi

If we go for shared accomodation, do u think it would be safe? I mean sharing the room with people whim you dont even know. Do u think that it would be a good idea? That is something which is my main concern when it comes to finding an accomodation.
Shared accomodation will be cheap for you in the begining, its not a risk, you wont be sharing the room, you will have a seperate room. Don't worry too much about people. Otherwise it could be difficult for you to get one on your own as you will need some kind of ID, and a job as well, landlords do a criminal bureau check and many other checks before they can give their flat to you.
Landlords here also have the same concern before they give their flats for Rent to tenants.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:14 pm

My suggestion is don't think of UK if you have good job in India. I have been here for 3 months but no job at all.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Don't think of getting SAP FICO jobs in UK if you do not have solid 2,3 SAP FICO implementation experience. Market is tough.