ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent parents - rules for visiting UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_aspi

Dependent parents - rules for visiting UK

Post by hsmp_aspi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Hello friends

I wanted your guidance as to whether dependent parents in India can visit me in UK once I go there? Are there any seperate rules in this regard?

Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent parents - rules for visiting UK

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:28 pm

hsmp_aspi wrote:Hello friends

I wanted your guidance as to whether dependent parents in India can visit me in UK once I go there? Are there any seperate rules in this regard?

Thanks in advance.
Yes they can visit Uk on Visitors visa.. u just need to show there are enough funds and parents need to show or prove that they will return back to india after their visits.. pls do a search for more discussions

amitc

Post by amitc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:53 am

Hi hsmp_aspi, My parents and my wife's parents visited us this year so dont worry its very easy to get. I have submitted following docs:

From My side (all photocopy)-
last 6 months pay slips and bank statements
2 Utility bills
tenancy agreement
1 letter to BHC requesting for visa with any valid reason
1 invitation letter to parents requesting them to come to visit us with same reason.
Passport and Visa copy.

From my parents side (all originals)-
proof of funds (inc. house valuation and pension docs)- passbook, LIC, NSC, MIS etc.
passports and photographs

I have also sent them a cover letter and financial summary and details from both side.