ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NOC Code: Please help me out,,a bit confused

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jay09

NOC Code: Please help me out,,a bit confused

Post by jay09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:21 am

Greetings to everyone. I must say that this is a very useful forum for anyone that wants to immigrate to Canada. Found it to be very educating too.

I am planning to send my application to CIC office in NS before the end of Jan. 2010 and have a few questions to ask please.

a) NOC Job titles: My current job title in UK reads, Geo-environmental engr/geo-environmentalist, but some/even most of the jobs are the same as to that of an environmental geologist or a geological engineer as listed in the NOC website.

Can I claim experience (3yrs plus) under one/both of this(these) NOC code(s) if this is the case.

Choosing job titles especially in the ever-growing environmental field is very confusing and in most cases depends on what the employer prefers.

I have come to realise that they tend to lean towards geo-environmental as the preferred title because it encompasses a lot of areas, including environmental geology, elementary geotechnical assessment (geotechnics) and contaminated land etc.

My educational qualifications are;

BSc in geology and MSc in Environmental Technology (Hence environmental geology/geo-environmental as preferred titles).

If successful in the first stage of the application, can my employer prove to the CIC office in London in his reference letter that the duties that I carry out is the same as that of an environmental geologist/geological engr irrespective of the difference in job titles? Or is he allowed to alter the title to match the NOC code? Would this be accepted?

Please your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Jay

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:44 pm

I have tried searching all professions with 'geo' tag in it, so you need to check which one is yours.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC ... ?val65=geo

sorry for the haste because of time shortage i did it. but that website is the official website with all codes for most of the professions.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

GraceAlone
Newly Registered

Post by GraceAlone » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi jay

Hopefully you have already got your answer.

But just in case....
If your current employer can put the same job title as what is in Noc with very similar duties in your reference that would be a better way to go....
e.g, in uk my title is Senior Health Care Assistant but in Canada my duties fit in the Nursing Assistant category so employer can put that as my job tile with the duties..

Grace Alone.