ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 Student dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anilmech
Newly Registered

Tier4 Student dependent visa

Post by anilmech » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi
I am doing Phd in bristol and planning to apply for Tier4 dependent visa for my wife and daughter.
I am presently getting a schoolarship which will cover my complete tuition fees and will get 800 pounds as maintance per month.
I have few questions in this regard.

1. How much cash i have to show for my 2 dependents?
400*2 = 800 per month (it is outside london)
For 9 month = 7200 pounds ??

2. I am presently staying with my friend and will both are planning to take a 2 bedroom flat a month before when his and my wife comes to uk.
Should i have to show any accommodation proof for my wife and daughter i.e. rental aggrement with my wife's name for new 2 bedroom flat? or should i apply with that as in tier 4 application anywhere it is not asked to show any address proof for main applicant?

3. As i am getting 800 pounds per month, can i show extra 200 pounds per month for my dependents?

thanks

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: Tier4 Student dependent visa

Post by keshgrover » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 am

anilmech wrote:Hi
I am doing Phd in bristol and planning to apply for Tier4 dependent visa for my wife and daughter.
I am presently getting a schoolarship which will cover my complete tuition fees and will get 800 pounds as maintance per month.
I have few questions in this regard.

1. How much cash i have to show for my 2 dependents?
400*2 = 800 per month (it is outside london)
For 9 month = 7200 pounds ??

2. I am presently staying with my friend and will both are planning to take a 2 bedroom flat a month before when his and my wife comes to uk.
Should i have to show any accommodation proof for my wife and daughter i.e. rental aggrement with my wife's name for new 2 bedroom flat? or should i apply with that as in tier 4 application anywhere it is not asked to show any address proof for main applicant?

3. As i am getting 800 pounds per month, can i show extra 200 pounds per month for my dependents?

thanks
It is going tobe very expensive for your anil I am afraid. Have a look at the link below :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... -students/
KESH