ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 Days before due date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anuje
Newly Registered

28 Days before due date

Post by anuje » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi,
I am an ILR holder and i was wondering whether i can apply for naturalisation 28 days before the due date (26th jan 2010) by NCS.? or do i have to wait till 26th jan and then apply on 27th jan 2010.
Thanks

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:48 am

No.

newperson

Post by newperson » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:21 am

To elaborate on JAJ's terse but absolutely proper response, you're confusing the qualifying period for ILR with that for citizenship. The Home Office allow an applicant to apply for ILR 28 days in advance, but there is no regular provision for that for citizenship. To avoid any problems, the Home Office should receive your citizenship application only after you have completed your one year on ILR.

If you are planning on using the NCS, schedule your appointment for any date on or after the 26th of January. I guess you could also attend the NCS on the 25th, with the HO getting your forms by special delivery on the 26th at the earliest, but that all depends on how keen you are!

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:20 am

JAJ wrote:No.
Unless you were already in the UK before the 5 year period on a valid leave and it is 5 years to the day.

benz52

Post by benz52 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:19 pm

NCS do not take applications unless you are totally eligible. the discretion rule of the ukba does not apply to ncs. I've tried launching my application 3 months prior using the discretion and was turned down by the ncs. they then gave me the correct date when I was absolutely elgible.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 pm

benz52 wrote:NCS do not take applications unless you are totally eligible. the discretion rule of the ukba does not apply to ncs. I've tried launching my application 3 months prior using the discretion and was turned down by the ncs. they then gave me the correct date when I was absolutely elgible.
Yeah but you could have submitted by post if you were so inclined.