ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on English Language Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vizh
Newly Registered

Query on English Language Requirement

Post by vizh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:39 am

Hi All,

I am in UK on HSMP which I am about to extend. My query is about scoring points on English language requirement:

I have a Masters degree and I had proved my English language skills in my initial application by providing the NARIC Compatibilty letter and also a letter from my college (College where I studied B. E.) stating that the degree was taught in English. But now, I can select that I am already in HSMP and directly score 10 points . But the help in the points based calculator for the English Language Requirement says,

[color=blue]* you were granted permission to stay under a Tier 1 category (other than Investors, where there is no English language requirement) or the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme under the immigration rules in place before 5 December 2006 (extension applications only);
* you have proved your English language skills before because you are already in the United Kingdom under Tier 1 (except Investors where there is no English language requirement) or as a Highly Skilled Migrant under the rules in place from 5 December 2006 (initial applications only).[/color]

Please advice whether to select
[color=red]I have a qualification that was taught in English[/color]
OR
[color=red]I have already proved my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application[/color]

Thanks in advance.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:07 am

You need to select the second option 'I have already proved my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application'....

However wait till the seniors confirm on this.

Cheers,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:25 am

eskay_s wrote:You need to select the second option 'I have already proved my English language skills in a previous Tier 1 or HSMP application'....

However wait till the seniors confirm on this.

Cheers,
Eskay is right..