ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My immigration status

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

michael6494
Newly Registered

My immigration status

Post by michael6494 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:28 am

My wife and I are professional couple who sought asylum in 2000 and 1998 respectively. But our asylum bid failed and my wife left U.K in 2002 and I followed her on 2005. While I was in U.K I studied ACCA( Association Of Certified Chartered Accountant) and now I am part qualified accountant and graduated from Oxford Brookes University with BSc( Hons ) in Applied Accounting. I would like to go back to U.K and do my Master Degree in Accredited U.K University and I believe my application to school will be accepted. Only problem is my past records( 12 years already) Do you think my visa application will successful providing that I can submit necessary documents and funding status? Or they will check our previous records and reject. Kindly advice as we might engage with you for further professional advice regarding this matter. Thanks for your time and looking forward to receiving reply soon.

Best regards,

Michael

sorcer
Newly Registered

Post by sorcer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Hmmm as the TIER 4: Student policy is much stricter than the old rules, so in your case it is unpredictable. By the way it is the same in any other cases. They could have a look at your previous records but it does not necessarily mean that they will refuse. It depends on the person who will study your case. Maybe it would be better to use the premium service in one of the PEOs.

michael6494
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by michael6494 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 am

Thanks. But can someone help me to clarify this as i have to make important and final decision for our lives. Please help

joh118

Re: Thank you

Post by joh118 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:07 am

michael6494 wrote:Thanks. But can someone help me to clarify this as i have to make important and final decision for our lives. Please help
This will be a difficult case for the UKBA to consider. I wouldn't be suprised if your application takes months to decide. DO NOT apply at PEO as this is a complex application.

I think this really depends on the reasons behind your asylum applications. If the reasons for the asylum application has now stopped (for example, civil war in country A ended in 2003) then it would be quite straightforward to approve the visa. However if your asylum reasons is still ongoing, then the UKBA may need more evidence that you will not claim asylum. You will almost certainly be asked to come for a visa interview at your local British High Commission.

On the other hand your application does look promising as you were not deported (i assume) from the UK. had you been deported, I would be telling you that there is no point in the application. You left the UK at your own accord.

Did you overstay at any time in the uk? if you did, then it will be highly likely that your application will be refused.