ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on getting copies of P60's for naturalisation?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

juniorcitizen
Newly Registered

Advice on getting copies of P60's for naturalisation?

Post by juniorcitizen » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:29 pm

After reading extensively on this and a few other forums, it seems that its a good idea (though not a requirement) to submit your P60's with your application for naturalisation. I've noticed several posters who brought their P60's to their NCS appointment, and they were accepted as part of the application.

I went through my files and was only able to find P60's for three of the five years. I called our Payroll Manager, who was happy to produce a copy of the two I needed -- but this is a photocopy.

She doesn't want to let the companies original of the P60's out of her sight so I can bring them to a solicitor to have a certified photocopy made. Any advice here? Can Inland Revenue produce a statement equivilant to a P60 for the two years in question?

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:58 pm

I don't think if you are employed, attaching copy of P60s would help at all. My advice is to attach only the documents that are needed. Adding extra would add to confusion.

At least the NCS Haringey lady advised me against attaching my P60s.

Cheers

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:56 am

P60s are not needed if you are on PAYE. What is needed is your national insurance number and the tax office and/or employer reference number, all of which are on the P60/P45 . With that information, they will get the relevant verification data from the tax authorities.

If you are self employed, they want your latest statement of account from your tax office, basically showing that you are paid up with your taxes.
Joseph

juniorcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by juniorcitizen » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:34 pm

Thanks for both replies :)

There are two reasons I wanted to include my P60's. First, for some reason, my companies registered tax office changed around the second year of my employment. Should I list them both? Secondly, when I moved here I had no idea that I needed an NI number - in fact it wasn't until I went to the doctors office in my third year that it was pointed out to me. So my tax records for the first four tax years were on emergency tax.

As a result, I wanted to include my P60's just to clear up any confusion thay may stem as a result. My thinking was to bring as much paperwork with me as possible - let the NCS officer tell me what to incldue or not include based on my application.

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:25 pm

In that case I suggest you provide the latest P60 document with the correct tax office address. Keep the other documents in case they ask.
Joseph