ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omeo_21

Bank statement

Post by omeo_21 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi my question is
My bank statements are not in the same address as my home address but in my grandparents address. I explained this on the cover letter when i applied for a fiance visa, and explained the reason was for privacy as my parents use to look through my bank statements.

would this be ok??

thanks for your time and help, this is a really helpful and useful forum. thanks again

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:30 pm

So what were you hiding from your parents but want the ECO to know for your fiancee application.

As long as you give a valid reason, it would be acceptable if you make it known in the application/accompanying letter. :roll:

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 pm

basically my family know how much savings i have etc.. and i obviously want the eco to know that. i just changed it along time ago because my family use to quiz me when i spent money on things. u know how parents can be.

so i dont need to present any evidence to support that??

thanks batleykhan for your answers and previous answers to my previous posts, you have been really helpful to me, wish you all the best inchallah

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:31 pm

basically my family know how much savings i have etc.. and i obviously want the eco to know that. i just changed it along time ago because my family use to quiz me when i spent money on things. u know how parents can be
Yes I know what parents are like. I am keeping an eye out on the spending habit of my 21 yrs old son.

We only do it in the best interest of our kids. When you have kids your own age, I guarantee you will do the same :lol: :D :wink:

Your bank statements should be ok , just explain the reason why you did this

misha06
Newly Registered

Post by misha06 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:04 pm

We never sent any bank statements for my OH's ILR visa. Just three months payslips and a few utility bills.

Visa approved and passport back inside 28 days.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:12 pm

We never sent any bank statements for my OH's ILR visa. Just three months payslips and a few utility bills.

OP says he has applied for settlment visa, whereas you applied for ILR.

:roll:

misha06
Newly Registered

Post by misha06 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:22 am

batleykhan wrote:

OP says he has applied for settlment visa, whereas you applied for ILR.

Well Mr Roll Eyes...

When we applied for my OH's fiance visa I never included bank statements in the application.

Approved with no issues whatsoever.

When we applied for her FLR, again I never sent bank statements

The visa was back in 31 days.

My OH now has a British passport, arrived within 10 days of her interview.

Never ever sent a bank statement at any time during the process.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:55 pm

You were obviously one of the very lucky few if you were granted visas without bank statements. I wouldn't in any way recommend anyone try this.