ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old immigration record

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

michael6494
Newly Registered

Old immigration record

Post by michael6494 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:06 am

Hi,

My wife and I are professional couple who sought asylum in 2000 and 1998 respectively. But our asylum bid failed and my wife left U.K in 2002 and I followed her on 2005. While I was in U.K I studied ACCA( Association Of Certified Chartered Accountant) and now I am part qualified accountant and graduated from Oxford Brookes University with BSc( Hons ) in Applied Accounting. I would like to go back to U.K and do my Master Degree in Accredited U.K University and I believe my application to school will be accepted. Only problem is my past records( 12 years already). I have neither committed any criminal offences nor provided false claims while I was in Uk. Do you think my visa application will successful providing that I can submit necessary documents and funding status? Or they will check our previous records and reject.

Best regards,

Michael

vinata

Post by vinata » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:58 am

Your application will not be refused if you disclose all the facts about your previous asylum application. In the application form they ask whether you have ever been..... 'Have ever' means any time in your life, even if it was 12 years ago. If you don't disclose your previous immigration history voluntarily, you could be blamed in deception with a consequent ban for the next 10 years. That is why you need some help of a good solicitor, so they can prepare a good statement on your behalf stating why you should be given a visa despite your previous immigration history.