ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

tier 1 dependant

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:06 am

Hi,

I am on the Tier 1 General (HSMP) visa. I would like to bring my future wife to the UK in Jan (after marriage)

I have a few doubts regarding the visa process

1. I live in a shared accommodation and I was told that I need to get a NOC from landlord because he pays all the bills. Should this letter be dated 1 month from the time of application?
2. Should all my pages of passport (main applicant) is needed ? and should all be notarized?
3. I will be having only 1 bank statement that belongs to my new address ? is that enough ?
4. All my bank statements are dated every 1st of the month. So my last bank statement will be on the Jan 1st and I would be travelling to India in the 2nd week. I am planning to apply for visa in the 1st week of feb after my marriage. I believe the last bank statement should be dated 1 month before the application. In this case, can I get an upto date statement (say till 10th jan) from the bank by post and can I use this. By doing this, I will still have time since it will be less than 1 month even if I apply on the 1st of Feb?
5. Is it the VAF10 form I need to fill for dependant visa? If so shd I fill the form or my wife (dependant) shd fill it ?
6. i read somewhere in this forum we need to email the vfs to get an appointment. is that true? if yes i need to apply on Feb 1st. when do i need to email ?

Thanks

Regards,
Subramanian

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 pm

can someone please help me

i know its tooo many questions but just bit confused.

so guyz please let me know your replies

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:18 pm

seniors awaiting your replies please ?

Master_Blaster

Re: tier 1 dependant

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:29 pm

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

I am on the Tier 1 General (HSMP) visa. I would like to bring my future wife to the UK in Jan (after marriage)

1. I live in a shared accommodation and I was told that I need to get a NOC from landlord because he pays all the bills. Should this letter be dated 1 month from the time of application?
Do you have any tenancy / rental agreement? If yes include that along with the NOC

2. Should all my pages of passport (main applicant) is needed ? and should all be notarized?
Check this with the VFS in the city that you apply the visa. Google VFS UK Visa India to find their website.

3. I will be having only 1 bank statement that belongs to my new address ? is that enough ?
This should not be an issue as long as you have the required balannce for the last 3 months

4. All my bank statements are dated every 1st of the month. So my last bank statement will be on the Jan 1st and I would be travelling to India in the 2nd week. I am planning to apply for visa in the 1st week of feb after my marriage. I believe the last bank statement should be dated 1 month before the application. In this case, can I get an upto date statement (say till 10th jan) from the bank by post and can I use this. By doing this, I will still have time since it will be less than 1 month even if I apply on the 1st of Feb?
You seem know the rule : Statement should be less than 30 days on the date of application. So stick to it.

5. Is it the VAF10 form I need to fill for dependant visa? If so shd I fill the form or my wife (dependant) shd fill it ?
This is heights. Not sure what you are asking? The applicant is your wife, so she should fill it. It does not matter whose hand writing it is in, if that is what you are asking. She should sign it.

6. i read somewhere in this forum we need to email the vfs to get an appointment. is that true? if yes i need to apply on Feb 1st. when do i need to email ?
Check this with the VFS in the city that you apply the visa. Google VFS UK Visa India to find their website.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks

Regards,
Subramanian

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:31 pm

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Regards,
Subramanian
1. Doesn't matter when it's dated as long as it's not old, ie dated December 2009 but you're not applying until May 2010 for example.

2. No, not all pages. The information page and the page with your visa, and yes notiarised by a solicitor.

3. Not sure, personally i'd say no but don't quote me on that.

4. 1 Jan will be fine. I doubt that a bank would send a statement to India so you might be pushing it to get a statement dated 10 Jan before you go away.

5 and 6 have both been asked on the forum a lot.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:32 pm

:P Agree MB... will not confuse him with too much rain...
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:39 pm

When it rains, it pours :-)

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:48 pm

thanks a lot guyz

didnt expect so many replies from experts !!!

1. just some more clarification. is it necessary to get the pages notarized ?

2. also this is clarification for "meats". all my bank statements come to the UK. i am planning to show my bank statemetns. Just that i will be leaveing on end of 2nd week in Jan and all my bank statements are dated 1st of month. I am planning to apply in 1st week of Feb. So will it be alright if i can take an up to statement (upto jan 15th) by post to the UK. I know tvn-ramesh confirmed this is fine but just wondering the upto date statement wont be a full month statement . is that ok ?(i have six and half statement totally)

3. do you think i should email now to get an appointment for Feb 2010? if so can someone please send me the details. it will be in chennai vfs.

Thanks

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:50 pm

krssubbu wrote:thanks a lot guyz

didnt expect so many replies from experts !!!

1. just some more clarification. is it necessary to get the pages notarized ?

2. also this is clarification for "meats". all my bank statements come to the UK. i am planning to show my bank statemetns. Just that i will be leaveing on end of 2nd week in Jan and all my bank statements are dated 1st of month. I am planning to apply in 1st week of Feb. So will it be alright if i can take an up to statement (upto jan 15th) by post to the UK. I know tvn-ramesh confirmed this is fine but just wondering the upto date statement wont be a full month statement . is that ok ?(i have six and half statement totally)

3. do you think i should email now to get an appointment for Feb 2010? if so can someone please send me the details. it will be in chennai vfs.

Google VFS UK Visa Chennai to find their website. It has all the details about appointment there.

Thanks

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi
I have query about the HSMP dependent Visa.

My initial HSMP was granted on 5th JUne 2006 (OLD rules) for 2 yeras and then i got my HSMP extenson for 3 years in August 2008.
My innitial visa stamp was UKWP Moorfoot valid for 2 years and when i extend my visa for further 3 years (under JR ) the visa stamp says Tier 1 general.
The extension approval letter clearly says that my extension application judged under the OLD HSMP rules (as i am affected by JR) and extension had been granted for 3 years.

Now my wife applied for HSMP Dependent visa and she filled VAF2 form and paid RS17,200. The VFS people checked all my documents 2 times and clarified that my wife should fill VAF2 form and pay Rs17,200 visa fee as My initial HSMP was granted before 7 november 2006 and I am affected by JR.

But after 1 week of her application she got call from British High Commission saying that she must fill Tier 1 general dependent form and pay Rs54,000 as my recent passport stamp says Tier 1 general.

i have also submitted the JR and clearly explain them why my wife's application should be assesses against OLD HSMP criteria and why she has filed VAF2.

but BHC at bombay is not convinced and they kept my wife's applcation on hold.

So can anyone let me know what should i do so that wife can get her HSMP dependent visa and not have to pay Rs54,000??

Thanks in advance

krssubbu

dependant visa marriage cert

Post by krssubbu » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:49 am

Hi all,

one more query please? regarding the documents for dependant visa, i beleive need marraige cert from register office and marriage inviation and photos.

In our family we do tradinational marriage and ofcouse i get my marriage registered but it will happen only the next day or 2 days later after my marriage. my doubt here is, in the marriage invitation it will be said the date when my traditional marriage takes place and NOT the register marriage. will that be ok ? ( i hope i have explained it clearly if not please let me know and i will try my best to give a better explanation)

also with regards to my earlier post, will 6 full bank statements and 15 days statemetns do ? (please refer my previous posts)

Thanks

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:00 am

I think you are confused by seeing south indian movies. :P

When you register your marriage, you do not go and marry again in front of the registar and hence there is nothing called the register marriage date.

To get your marriage certificate, you need to provide marriage invitation, witness, ID Proof etc. The certificate will only show your actual marriage date.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: dependant visa marriage cert

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:21 am

krssubbu wrote:Hi all,

one more query please? regarding the documents for dependant visa, i beleive need marraige cert from register office and marriage inviation and photos.

In our family we do tradinational marriage and ofcouse i get my marriage registered but it will happen only the next day or 2 days later after my marriage. my doubt here is, in the marriage invitation it will be said the date when my traditional marriage takes place and NOT the register marriage. will that be ok ? ( i hope i have explained it clearly if not please let me know and i will try my best to give a better explanation);

Subbu... you are thinking too much but we all did the same when we are at that point.. Dont worry.. just get the MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and apply..

also with regards to my earlier post, will 6 full bank statements and 15 days statemetns do ? (please refer my previous posts)

Do not worry about the date on the Bankstatement.. get all those 6month bankstatements PLUS the latest 15day on request so that by the time you apply it is within 1month.. which is imp..

Thanks
One important thing is dont feel ashamed/shy to ask questions.. JUST ASK.. it worth doing that.. Goodluck mate..

Do invite us for your marriage though :lol: :wink:

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks a lot to Master_Blaster and ramesh.

This forum is doing a great job and you guyz are doing great.

Sometimes i feel some my questions are very basic but i ask because this question might help someone else. Thanks to ramesh for encouraging me :)

ramesh and others you are very welcome to my marriage in india. please send me you addresses and will send invitation. will be very glad :)

Master_Blaster, thats right watched a couple of south indian movies and getting wired doubts. i would have thought the same way until you told me we dont have to get married before registar again !!!!!

by the way did some reading about registering marriage. how long does it take to register marriage ? some where on the internet it said it will take 30 days to register. (No objection letters from others bla bla or something)
do you guyz know how long it actually takes? i am getting married in Jan end and want to get my wife in 2nd week of feb along with me.

any suggestion please ?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:52 am

guyz, any knowledge about registering marriage and how long does it take ? in few posts (outside this forum) its says like 30 days you need to time to get register. do you guyz know anything about this ?

Intelarch
Newly Registered

Post by Intelarch » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:52 am

Hi Dear

Not sure in which city you will be registering your marriage. Procedure and time scale may differ. But my experience was fine. I got the certificate in 10 days (in delhi). What I can suggest you should visit the Resistrar of Marriage and understand the procedure even before your marrage date. The documents they asked for:
1. Completed Forms (forms lists all the documents required)
2. Individual Photographs
3. Invitation Card
4. Marriage Photographs
5. Proof of age
6. Proof of residence
7. Affadavit

In my case the office asked for different documents against different proof...eg. Passport for Residence; 10th Certificate for age.
(That is why I suggest to visit early and save time).

On submission of the form you will be given a date on which the couple need to be visit in person to do some signatures and get the copies of certificate.

vighneshsawant
Newly Registered

Post by vighneshsawant » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:26 pm

I am tier 1 visa holder staying in UK for less than 12 months. I would like to apply for dependant visa to bring my wife & daughter to UK. If I apply for them from UK, then will be any biometric issue as they have to physically present in UK.

The cost for visa fees is 465 pounds instead of 675 pounds for applying from India. Hence above option will be cheaper.

Please suggest which option will be suitable for me.

Regards

vighneshsawant
Newly Registered

Post by vighneshsawant » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi,

Can anybody reply on this query.

Best regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:41 pm

vighneshsawant wrote:I am tier 1 visa holder staying in UK for less than 12 months. I would like to apply for dependant visa to bring my wife & daughter to UK. If I apply for them from UK, then will be any biometric issue as they have to physically present in UK.
How can you apply for dependent visa for your wife and daughter from within UK when they are not physically present here??

The application for Entry Clearance will have to be made from their country of residence.

regards