ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

softmind82

Visa Extension

Post by softmind82 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Hello All

I need some advice regarding my visa extension,I am on PWS visa expiring on June 2010 so that will be 8 years in total for me in the UK. I do not know how i can extend my further leave. Actually i have done PG Diploma which was giving me 30 points towards HSMP until April 2009 but rules have been changed and i am not getting any points.

I know i have to be here 10 years in total to qualify the ILR but can not see any option to extend my stay, some people suggested me to switch back to student visa but i can not work on this visa as i have my wife and one child living with me who was born here to support.

Can i be dependent on my wife if she get admission in any university ?

Kindly advice me on that as i am really stressed and do not want to waste my 8 years in vain, if you can help then please send me private message or send me email on softmind82@hotmail.com

Ali.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Visa Extension

Post by mvent00 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 pm

softmind82 wrote:Hello All

I need some advice regarding my visa extension,I am on PWS visa expiring on June 2010 so that will be 8 years in total for me in the UK. I do not know how i can extend my further leave. Actually i have done PG Diploma which was giving me 30 points towards HSMP until April 2009 but rules have been changed and i am not getting any points.

I know i have to be here 10 years in total to qualify the ILR but can not see any option to extend my stay, some people suggested me to switch back to student visa but i can not work on this visa as i have my wife and one child living with me who was born here to support.

Can i be dependent on my wife if she get admission in any university? Yes, you can, but I think you have to go back to your country to apply for a dependent visa.

Kindly advice me on that as i am really stressed and do not want to waste my 8 years in vain, if you can help then please send me private message or send me email on softmind82@hotmail.com

Ali.