ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

who are allowed to apply for discretionary leave

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asmi10

who are allowed to apply for discretionary leave

Post by asmi10 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:29 am

I would like to know,
Can those students whose student visa extension is rejected and they have to leave their education mid way and go to their country apply for discreationary leave instead on the grounds of completing education as goin back to their country without a degree would hamper their chances of finding a decent job to live a good life?

can anybody explain me what is discretionary leave?

can a student apply saying that they only intend to complete the education and have a good conduct in public eyes and are willing to leave UK after the completion of their degree.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: who are allowed to apply for discretionary leave

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:43 am

asmi10 wrote:I would like to know,
Can those students whose student visa extension is rejected and they have to leave their education mid way and go to their country apply for discreationary leave instead on the grounds of completing education as goin back to their country without a degree would hamper their chances of finding a decent job to live a good life?

can a student apply saying that they only intend to complete the education and have a good conduct in public eyes and are willing to leave UK after the completion of their degree.
It's for people really without valid LTR but removing them would breach Art 8 ECHR, which in your case doesn't apply. Sorry.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: who are allowed to apply for discretionary leave

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:31 am

asmi10 wrote:I would like to know,

Nobody has a right to a degree or "a decent job to live a good life." Such things have to be earned.
So why was your extension application rejected? Were you not given a right of appeal?
As Wanderer has pointed out, discretionary leave appears to have little relevance to your case.