ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gms
Newly Registered

Dependant visa

Post by gms » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:22 am

hi all,

i got my tier 1 stamped last week. :lol:
now i need to apply visa for my wife as i havent included here in my app.
can i apply for her before i reach UK and find a job out there?
there are some places in the VAF 10 asking the UK details of mine, which we cannot answer (ex. 7.14 What job or course of study is the main applicant doing in the UK?).

can someone advice me on this?
thanks in advance

gms

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:57 am

Yes you can apply now..

for those questions you can say NA

gms
Newly Registered

Post by gms » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:44 am

many thanks....

now i have another question...

what sort of document i should produce to support my dependent application apart from the following

1. Marriage certificate
2. maintenance of funds - this will be the same joint account which i used to show my funds as well (same amount but more than the numbers which should be for two)
3 copy of relevant pages of my passport

what else? what are the proofs need to show the relationship?

please help

gms

Intelarch
Newly Registered

Post by Intelarch » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 am

Hi ALL

I am also in a similar situation of applying for a dependent visa. So I will be following this discussion closely.

The only difference to gms situation is that I got my Tier 1 (General) Visa in August, 09 (in India) and still I am looking for a job in UK. I plan to visit UK in Feb. to meet consultants.

I concern...firstly that travelling after a long time on getting a visa may pose some problem...please comment.

Secondly, my wife need to apply for dependant visa in Dec/Jan, so that we can go together in Feb....Considering that I havent gone to UK even once on this visa, could this be of any matter of concern for her application.

.....looking forward for your experience and suggestions.

Thank you!

number99
Newly Registered

Post by number99 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:52 pm

hi gms,

if you didn't apply for your wife alongwith yourself then what info was filled in section 5.1 of VAF9 personal details form ?
if you mentioned that she will travel later then did you specify date of travel also?

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:00 pm

gms wrote:many thanks....

now i have another question...

what sort of document i should produce to support my dependent application apart from the following

1. Marriage certificate
2. maintenance of funds - this will be the same joint account which i used to show my funds as well (same amount but more than the numbers which should be for two)
3 copy of relevant pages of my passport

what else? what are the proofs need to show the relationship?

please help

gms
Please go through the below link and check my reply for the list of documents to be attached for dependent visa..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=47910

But make sure you have sufficient funds for both YOU and Dependents when you apply for them

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:02 pm

Intelarch wrote:Hi ALL

I am also in a similar situation of applying for a dependent visa. So I will be following this discussion closely.

The only difference to gms situation is that I got my Tier 1 (General) Visa in August, 09 (in India) and still I am looking for a job in UK. I plan to visit UK in Feb. to meet consultants.

I concern...firstly that travelling after a long time on getting a visa may pose some problem...please comment. - NO not at all

Secondly, my wife need to apply for dependant visa in Dec/Jan, so that we can go together in Feb....Considering that I havent gone to UK even once on this visa, could this be of any matter of concern for her application. - NO

.....looking forward for your experience and suggestions.

Thank you!

gms
Newly Registered

Post by gms » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:54 am

hi number99,

i mentioned 'yes' for 5.1 and then in part 7, mentioned ' she will be joining with me on march 30th'.

actually am not planing to take her with me but i want to apply for her before i leaves.

another concern which just came to my mind......

in case if i want to take her with me in feb, and asumen that in VAF10 i mentioned the intended travel date as feb, will that be a prob as in my VAF 9 i have mentioned the statement 'she will be joining with me on march 30th.'
gms

number99
Newly Registered

Post by number99 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi

I don't think that will be an issue as long as her visa start/travel date is mentioned as Feb in her visa.

I am filing my application this month and I am also thinking of filing my wife's visa before leaving but after getting my visa (as I am not sure if I file together and my visa is rejected then will they refund her fee or not ).

So in that case should the 3 months maintenance funds be 2800 + 1600 in my account while applying for myself as I will be putting Yes in section 5.1!?

Thanks

gms
Newly Registered

Post by gms » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:18 am

to my knowledge its not mandatory to have 4400 in ur account by the time u apply (as your wife will not be traveling with u). but it's better if you can show the entire amount; which i did in my case

gms
Newly Registered

Post by gms » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:21 am

today my wife went to lodge her application and the processing center agent has asked to give her a UK address to include in the VAF 10. luckily she called me and i was able to give the address which i'm going to stay.

but i dont think tht this a must to have. and producing such address may require evidence (such as billing proofs) which in our case we dont have.

can some experts share your experience on this? is it a must to have?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:19 am

gms wrote:today my wife went to lodge her application and the processing center agent has asked to give her a UK address to include in the VAF 10. luckily she called me and i was able to give the address which i'm going to stay.

but i dont think tht this a must to have. and producing such address may require evidence (such as billing proofs) which in our case we dont have.

can some experts share your experience on this? is it a must to have?
If the main applicant is in UK while dependent is applying in those cases it is good to have the address