ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

adding to an application and recieving a reply from HO

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VT

adding to an application and recieving a reply from HO

Post by VT » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:35 pm

If i want to add information to an application, how do i go about it? & where do the HO reply to, me and my home address or my solicitor?

& i know that having a solicitor and wanting to add information to an application means that i can just do it through them, but she's not helping at all.. She won't even answer my calls and hasn't done for weeks now. Any suggestions as to what i should do? Because i'm at the end of my rope

I want to speak to her to find out;
1. where the HO will reply to and if it is to my home address, has she informed them of the change in this address?
2. If she doesn't send the additional info before they look at the original application, does this mean they won't assess the new info.. at all?

Is there any other way i can let the HO know about the changes in circumstance without going through a solicitor who doesn't seem to care at all? I know that going through a solicitor with Legal Aid seems to slow everything down but i didn't think she'd literally IGNORE my phone calls. Help! :(

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:55 pm

VT, perhaps you should consider changing your solicitor or contact Citizens Advise Bureau or Law For All and they will provide further assistance.

If you have yet to receive an acknowledgement, then write a cover letter with the name, DOB and nationality of the applicant together with your address and the additional documents you intend to add and forward it to the relevant department dealing with your case.

It will still be considered, provided they have not made a decision before the additional documents are received.

If the application was sent recently, you could be rest assured that they wouldn't have dealt with it yet, so you can still supply further documentation should you deem it necessary.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

VT

Post by VT » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Obie wrote:VT, perhaps you should consider changing your solicitor or contact Citizens Advise Bureau or Law For All and they will provide further assistance.

If you have yet to receive an acknowledgement, then write a cover letter with the name, DOB and nationality of the applicant together with your address and the additional documents you intend to add and forward it to the relevant department dealing with your case.

It will still be considered, provided they have not made a decision before the additional documents are received.

If the application was sent recently, you could be rest assured that they wouldn't have dealt with it yet, so you can still supply further documentation should you deem it necessary.
Thank you for your reply. The original application was sent on 21/08/08.

I gave my solicitor additional documents earlier this year (approx. May/June) but then she left the firm and handed my case over to another solicitor, who obviously now has all of my documents...

If i want to contact the HO myself and inform them of the changes, where do i look on their web page to find the right information? Can i do this without informing my solicitor?

I'm worried about the whole Legal Aid issue... I can't remember where i read it but i thought i couldn't close my case with a solicitor and go else where. Should i just speak to CAB or Law For All and ask them what i should do about my solicitor? ...If i do choose to stop working with this solicitor, can i ask for my documents back?