ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP FLR [Urgent]

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sukumar_engg
Newly Registered

HSMP FLR [Urgent]

Post by sukumar_engg » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:08 pm

Hi all,

How are you all ? I am newly registered member.

I need information regarding the following:

(1) I did my Masters from U.K and got masters degree from U.K in November 2004. I have more than 4 years of experience in IT and software field.
(2) While doing masters I got a job in an IT company as a software engineer [Part time]
(3) The company intended me to do research for the company by sponsoring me. I am currently pursuing Masters By Research in U.K.

(4) I applied for HSMP under 28 in March 2005 and I got in July 2005.

So can I apply for HSMP (FLR) [Switching student visa to HSMP] ?

I am sure I can, but I am asking you for the conformation of this elegant group.

Though I am puring research but already I have Masters degree for U.K which should enable me to switching the current student visa to HSMP

I just need your all information regarding this scenario.

I would also like to put lots of information regarding HSMP/work permit/jobs in near future for this group.

Awaiting your response.
Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.

With best regards,
Sukumar

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:43 pm

Sukumar,

Have you looked at the updated guidance on Switching published recently? I think that should answer your queries. See below:

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... ation.html

Could you clarify on what visa you are currently in the UK? Shouldn't your student visa have been valid only for the duration of your Masters i.e until November 2004 (or thereabouts?)

sukumar_engg
Newly Registered

Post by sukumar_engg » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:59 pm

Smit wrote:Sukumar,

Have you looked at the updated guidance on Switching published recently? I think that should answer your queries. See below:

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... ation.html

Could you clarify on what visa you are currently in the UK? Shouldn't your student visa have been valid only for the duration of your Masters i.e until November 2004 (or thereabouts?)

thanks for your quick reply.
I have gone through the site before also which says that once can switch from current student visa to HSMP if the person already obtained degree level qualification from U.K
i.e, "Student who has successfully obtained a degree level qualification at a UK higher of further educational establishment."

I got my student visa extended till July 2006 based on Masters by research course after obtaining Masters degree from U.K.
Since I have already got masters in U.K , I think I can get successful HSMP (FLR). I will also include my original masters degree certificate along with the FLR application.
I need your view on it. I thing my scenario is a interesting one !

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:08 pm

I have been discussing a similar case with a friend of mine. If the rules are applied strictly, your FLR(IED) application may be rejected because you have not obtained the Masters (by research) degree that your current student visa is for. Although that is my personal opinion, you may want to give it a try, it would be interesting to see what happens.

sukumar_engg
Newly Registered

Post by sukumar_engg » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:40 pm

Smit wrote:I have been discussing a similar case with a friend of mine. If the rules are applied strictly, your FLR(IED) application may be rejected because you have not obtained the Masters (by research) degree that your current student visa is for. Although that is my personal opinion, you may want to give it a try, it would be interesting to see what happens.
sukumar again.
Thanks for your quick answer.

I had also asked about this scenario to one the immigration advisors and they said that it is possible to switch since home department seeks whether I have obtained masters degree in U.K.

But even then I strongly agree to you.

I think what you mentioned also may happen. Let us say I apply for FLR by this month and gets rejected based on the the factor that i did not get masters by research degree based on my current visa, then can i do the following after rejection:

"Since HSMP approval letter is valid for 6 months (December ending of 2005), can I apply for FLR again before the expiry of the approval letter with the letter from university mentioning that masters by research degree is finished and will be given degree certificate in june 2005. Because june 2005 in the next graduation cermony for us and then only i can get masters by degree certificate.".

I think this is possible.
Need your view onit.

Thanks a lot.

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:18 pm

I think that if you are armed with the letter from the uni you should be fine.

I suggest that you do that the first time round unless you are happy with the fact that your first application could be rejected in which case you also lose £335.

Alternative is to apply for EC from your home country.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Still need to acheive minimum point

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:37 pm

Dear sukumar_engg
I think to switch from student visa to HSMPvisa for those who have got UK degree, it still need to give evidence that S/he acheive the minimum point
(65 under 28 year old category) not automatically.

Pantaiema

sukumar_engg
Newly Registered

Re: Still need to acheive minimum point

Post by sukumar_engg » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:36 pm

pantaiema wrote:Dear sukumar_engg
I think to switch from student visa to HSMPvisa for those who have got UK degree, it still need to give evidence that S/he acheive the minimum point
(65 under 28 year old category) not automatically.

Pantaiema
Hi Pantaiema,

Thanks for your response.
I have already Masters degree from U.K in November 2004 and got HSMP under 28 scheme.

I need information regarding the following:

(1) I did my Masters from U.K and got masters degree from U.K in November 2004. I have more than 4 years of experience in IT and software field.
(2) While doing masters I got a job in an IT company as a software engineer [Part time]
(3) The company intended me to do research for the company by sponsoring me. I am currently pursuing Masters By Research in U.K.

(4) I applied for HSMP under 28 in March 2005 and I got in July 2005.

So can I apply for HSMP (FLR) [Switching student visa to HSMP] ?

Though I am puring research but already I have Masters degree for U.K which should enable me to switching the current student visa to HSMP

I just need your all information regarding this scenario.

Awaiting your response.
Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.

With best regards,
Sukumar

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:03 pm

i think you should able to switch its a dicey one.
but you can always email the home office to find out if you can switch in UK based on your peculiar circumstance.
My bow has been renewed

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:44 pm

Dear Sukumar

I almost certain that you will be able to switch to HSMP FLR.
YOu will never know if you do not try. You have nothing to loose, perhaps a litte 335 GBP.

You could defenitely use HSMP LTR to study (I know because I have seen this example). But the a little problem probably come when you want to extend your HSMP under HSMP.

They prefer if you are working rather then study because HSMP LTR is intended to more intensive econonic activities rather then study such as: High Skills Job, Doing BUsiness.

I hope this will answer your questions

Cheers
Pantaiema

sukumar_engg
Newly Registered

Post by sukumar_engg » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:32 am

pantaiema wrote:Dear Sukumar

I almost certain that you will be able to switch to HSMP FLR.
YOu will never know if you do not try. You have nothing to loose, perhaps a litte 335 GBP.

You could defenitely use HSMP LTR to study (I know because I have seen this example). But the a little problem probably come when you want to extend your HSMP under HSMP.

They prefer if you are working rather then study because HSMP LTR is intended to more intensive econonic activities rather then study such as: High Skills Job, Doing BUsiness.

I hope this will answer your questions

Cheers
Pantaiema
Dear Pantaiema,

Thanks for your encouraging information.
Infact I will be going for HSMP FLR only since I have already job.

Though currently I am doing Masters by research which can be converted into part time (I have already informed the university and there is no problem in that from their side), I will be working full time for our company.
There is no point in going for HSMP LTR. I will be going for HSMP FLR.

I have got the following question,
I am working for a IT company as a researcher and software developer. The comapany sponsored my Masters by research degree. The compoany currently pays me 7.55 per hour in software development job. When I start working for them full time the salary will be as a whole with this rate of pay £15000/ per annum.
I am working in related my area.

Will there be any problem in getting hSMP extention ?

Have a nice day.
With best wishes,
Sukumar

Junior0300

Same situation

Post by Junior0300 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:59 am

Hi

I faced the same situation as yours I have Msc degree and doing another masters. I got FLR with no objections.

Regards
Junior

sukumar_engg
Newly Registered

Re: Same situation

Post by sukumar_engg » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:44 pm

Junior0300 wrote:Hi

I faced the same situation as yours I have Msc degree and doing another masters. I got FLR with no objections.

Regards
Junior
Dear Junior,
I am sorry I mentioned as junior since I did not know your name.

Based on your response and enquires I have applied for FLR (IED).
I should get FLR since I already hold a Masters Degree in U.K and currently pursuing Masters by research degree and exisitng visa is student Visa.

How many days it takes to get passport [FLR Processing] ?
Awaiting your response.
with best regards,
Sukumar

farrukh

sukumar_engg

Post by farrukh » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:10 pm

Hello Sukumar can you please tell me wat was the outcome of your FLR IED?

thanks