ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1. Having valid visitor visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

galileo
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 1. Having valid visitor visa

Post by galileo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Hey Guys.

I am going to submit my docs for the Tier 1 program next week, but I also have a valid UK tourist visa valid till

March 25th 2010.

Will this be an impediment to my Tier 1 application?

Thanks in advance.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for Tier 1. Having valid visitor visa

Post by mvent00 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Your Tier 1 visa will override the tourist visa.
galileo wrote:Hey Guys.

I am going to submit my docs for the Tier 1 program next week, but I also have a valid UK tourist visa valid till

March 25th 2010.

Will this be an impediment to my Tier 1 application?

Thanks in advance.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:20 am

if you are applying from within UK then it is a problem. coz i think you cannot apply for Tier 1 on visitor visa from within uk

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:47 am

pkumar wrote:if you are applying from within UK then it is a problem. coz i think you cannot apply for Tier 1 on visitor visa from within uk
Correct.

galileo
Newly Registered

Post by galileo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:39 pm

As a clarification, Im applying from the US. I had just applied for tourist purposes but at the last minute I applied for the Tier 1. Im not planning on using the tourist visa to travel at all since my tourist plans have changed and decided to go in for Tier 1.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:59 pm

galileo wrote:As a clarification, Im applying from the US. I had just applied for tourist purposes but at the last minute I applied for the Tier 1. Im not planning on using the tourist visa to travel at all since my tourist plans have changed and decided to go in for Tier 1.
Americans do not need tourists visa for the UK so I presume you are not Americans. Are you a permanent resident in the USA as you normally must apply from your country origin.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:22 pm

republique wrote: Americans do not need tourists visa for the UK so I presume you are not Americans. Are you a permanent resident in the USA as you normally must apply from your country origin.
That is not true. You do not need to be a permanent resident to apply for Tier 1, at the same time you should not be on a short term visit visa. You should be a legal (not necessarily permanent) resident. Please see this link.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:03 pm

mvent00 wrote:
republique wrote: Americans do not need tourists visa for the UK so I presume you are not Americans. Are you a permanent resident in the USA as you normally must apply from your country origin.
That is not true. You do not need to be a permanent resident to apply for Tier 1, at the same time you should not be on a short term visit visa. You should be a legal (not necessarily permanent) resident. Please see this link.
I did not say he had to be a permanent resident, I asked if he had PR to obtain some idea of his/her status since normally one applies from their country of origin. I mentioned PR since most people tend to be vague and need to be prompted with formal terms so you can get useful info from them.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:26 pm

republique wrote: I did not say he had to be a permanent resident, I asked if he had PR to obtain some idea of his/her status since normally one applies from their country of origin. I mentioned PR since most people tend to be vague and need to be prompted with formal terms so you can get useful info from them.
You said "must apply from your country of origin". If you see above link that I have posted from UKBA, PR status does not matter. What matters is that one should be a legal resident to apply for Tier 1. We have seen several examples on this very forum that people got Tier 1, while they were working abroad. If one can prove that he/she is a legal resident in a country, he/she can apply successfully there for Tier 1.

Applications for visit visas and EEA Family Permits for the UK can be made at any visa application centre or visa section. Other applications should be made at a visa application centre or visa section in your home country, or where you are normally and legally resident.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:35 am

mvent00 wrote:
republique wrote: I did not say he had to be a permanent resident, I asked if he had PR to obtain some idea of his/her status since normally one applies from their country of origin. I mentioned PR since most people tend to be vague and need to be prompted with formal terms so you can get useful info from them.
You said "must apply from your country of origin". If you see above link that I have posted from UKBA, PR status does not matter. What matters is that one should be a legal resident to apply for Tier 1. We have seen several examples on this very forum that people got Tier 1, while they were working abroad. If one can prove that he/she is a legal resident in a country, he/she can apply successfully there for Tier 1.

Applications for visit visas and EEA Family Permits for the UK can be made at any visa application centre or visa section. Other applications should be made at a visa application centre or visa section in your home country, or where you are normally and legally resident.
I said NORMALLY you must apply from your country origin. (the use of normally indicates there are exceptions)
I already explained why I threw out PR so try to read more judiciously in the future.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:27 pm

republique wrote: I said NORMALLY you must apply from your country origin. (the use of normally indicates there are exceptions)
I already explained why I threw out PR so try to read more judiciously in the future.
This forum is all about providing the right information, to help members prepare for Tier 1 applications, not making them confused with simple issues.
republique wrote:Americans do not need tourists visa for the UK so I presume you are not Americans. Are you a permanent resident in the USA as you normally must apply from your country origin.
If anyone read the above quote, first thing will come in mind that he/she should head back to his/her country of origin to apply for Tier 1, which is wrong. It was a misguiding statement that I have corrected, so please do not get into an unnecessary discussion.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:49 pm

mvent00 wrote:
republique wrote: I said NORMALLY you must apply from your country origin. (the use of normally indicates there are exceptions)
This forum is all about providing the right information, to help members prepare for Tier 1 applications, not making them confused with simple issues.
republique wrote:Americans do not need tourists visa for the UK so I presume you are not Americans. Are you a permanent resident in the USA as you normally must apply from your country origin.
If anyone read the above quote, first thing will come in mind that he/she should head back to his/her country of origin to apply for Tier 1, which is wrong. It was a misguiding statement that I have corrected,
so please do not get into an unnecessary discussion.
It is only misleading if you can't read well.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:13 pm

republique wrote:
mvent00 wrote:
If anyone read the above quote, first thing will come in mind that he/she should head back to his/her country of origin to apply for Tier 1, which is wrong. It was a misguiding statement that I have corrected,
I completely agree with mvent00...

Newbies come here for help to get straight forward answers.. and we shd do the needful;

your initial reply is incomplete, misguiding and totally confusing..

keep it simple mate..

And next you say this..
(the use of normally indicates there are exceptions)
which is not straight forward..

letz keep things simple mate

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
republique wrote:
mvent00 wrote:
I completely agree with mvent00...

Newbies come here for help to get straight forward answers.. and we shd do the needful;

your initial reply is incomplete, misguiding and totally confusing..

keep it simple mate..

And next you say this..
(the use of normally indicates there are exceptions)
which is not straight forward..

letz keep things simple mate
Nope. You guys are wrong. Look up the definition of normally. Look at how it is used in the sentence, as a qualifier. It is a well written sentence. It is written succinctly, maybe too succinct for you. If you have a lack of competence in English grammar or you have poor comprehension skills such that you misunderstand it or you felt mislead, then I suggest you take a class for it. It is, in fact, very simple which I guess that's why it is has gone over your head. If you are going to get your knickers twisted up based on how I wrote my brilliant comment, I think there are other people on this forum who dearly need help from the Grammar Police which you are not.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:40 pm

republique wrote: I wrote my brilliant comment.
:roll: