ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice needed please help.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suni
Newly Registered

advice needed please help.

Post by suni » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:44 pm

hello everyone
I have a few questions on the psw application form...any advice is appreciated.

The first question is in the immigration history section, it asks where did I obtain the entry clearance or visa before travelling to this country and date, I have been here more than 7 years and have 4 UK visas on my passport. My last visa was obtained while I was in England last year.

Should I put my first visa in or the lastest one which I obtained in UK?
And about the journey detail on the next page, which joruney should I put there please? I made more than 10 journeys back home, last time was 8 months ago that I dont remember the flight number or booking reference already..

Second question is section 3, the qualification section, I have both bachelor and master degree in uk, I have ticked both. But the question below only seems to expect the applicant to give details of one qualification, so should I just put in the master one? Same for secion J when it asks me about the start date and end date about the qualification?

DSK12
Newly Registered

Re: advice needed please help.

Post by DSK12 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:40 am

suni wrote:hello everyone

The first question is in the immigration history section, it asks where did I obtain the entry clearance or visa before travelling to this country and date, I have been here more than 7 years and have 4 UK visas on my passport. My last visa was obtained while I was in England last year.

And about the journey detail on the next page, which joruney should I put there please? I made more than 10 journeys back home, last time was 8 months ago that I dont remember the flight number or booking reference already..

Second question is section 3, the qualification section, I have both bachelor and master degree in uk, I have ticked both. But the question below only seems to expect the applicant to give details of one qualification, so should I just put in the master one? Same for secion J when it asks me about the start date and end date about the qualification?
1. You should give the name of the place where you obtained the visa (it is on the visa vignette, see "place of issue") that allowed you to stay/study in UK which is the basis for your PSW application.
2. If I remember correctly, the questions regarding journeys, flight number, entry port etc... are needed to be answered only if ever one has entered UK illegaly. Please double check the directions given on the application form. (for example there are questions on it which direct you, depending on your answer, to a particular question#).
3. Please select the application which is the basis of your PSW application. In other words you need to make up your mind as to whether you are making your application based on your Bachelor's or Master's degree obtained in the UK. As stated on the application you can only claim for one qualification. I wonder how you managed to obtain a Bachelor's & Master's degree in a space of 12 months. (I hope you are aware of the "apply-within-12 month-of-obtaining-your-degree" rule for PSW applications).

kulksnikhil1

Re: advice needed please help.

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:18 am

suni wrote:hello everyone

I agree with DSK12 about your second question. And regarding your first question, you have to mention details of your MOST First entry to UK. And if u write ur Visa reference number, then u don't have to write about the journey details. Somewhere it asks you to go to Next Section (section J probably)

suni
Newly Registered

Post by suni » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 pm

thank you very much for your replies!!! the second problem has been sorted! But I still quite confusing about the first question, I am sitll not quite sure about the which visa, if I apply psw with my master degree, shouldnt I put the lastest visa is for master which is not expired? There is the only one visa vaild in my passport since the other 3 VISAs were for previous educations in this country. But at the same time, I think I should put my very first visa too..

Thank you very much for the help again , I really appreciate it!!!

kulksnikhil1

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:06 pm

suni wrote:thank you very much for your replies!!! the second problem has been sorted! But I still quite confusing about the first question, I am sitll not quite sure about the which visa, if I apply psw with my master degree, shouldnt I put the lastest visa is for master which is not expired? There is the only one visa vaild in my passport since the other 3 VISAs were for previous educations in this country. But at the same time, I think I should put my very first visa too..

Thank you very much for the help again , I really appreciate it!!!
Actually there is another question .. which asks you 'What is your current status?' .. which confirms your current visa status. So the previous questions ARE for sure of your first visit. May be they will get your other visa details ... from your first visit onwards !!! This was told to me by my University advisor !!!