ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advise on a bit strange situation please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Need advise on a bit strange situation please

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Hello Everyone

I have got a rather strange query and it has left me very confused.

I am a Pakistani married to a Pole and living here in Poland. There is a conference coming in January in London which I will be attending from my work and my company is going to get the visa for me. However, I do have an EEA Family Permit which is valid till end of March ( I got it but we never travelled on it ) and this has left me confused. Even our HR didn't have
any idea ! Here is my question;

Should I ask our HR to go ahead and apply for a visit visa for me in which case I will have two valid visas overlapping on my passport ? and if thats possible in the first place ? OR

Should I be able to travel on the EEA Family Permit when it states that I am going to accompany my wife ? Needless to say my wife will not be travelling with me because I am travelling to London for my work.

Any quick advise/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:08 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:18 am

Hi Vinny

Thanks for your reply but just to make myself clear, are you saying that its possible to have two valid visas which are overlapping each other in time ? this sounds a bit illogical to me but then I am no expert.

regards

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:58 am

inwarsaw wrote:Hi Vinny

Thanks for your reply but just to make myself clear, are you saying that its possible to have two valid visas which are overlapping each other in time ? this sounds a bit illogical to me but then I am no expert.

regards
It's not illogical at all. The reason for entry on the visa is as relevant as the time on it, and it's not unusual for two visas to be held for different purposes.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks Rusty.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Or travel with your wife. Flights are cheap and it might be fun!

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:54 am

Yes thats what I proposed but we just came back from Bucharest and she believes we are spending too much money on travelling :)

thanks for your suggestion anyway.