ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

## Sponsor claiming CB & WTC ##

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MikeForan
Newly Registered

## Sponsor claiming CB & WTC ##

Post by MikeForan » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:07 pm

If a sponsor is making an ILR application for his widowed father but the sponsor is employed and also receiving Child benefits (the usual £13.20) and Working Tax Credit, then will that amount to refusal of ILR application?

nasxtra
Newly Registered

Anyone know anything about this

Post by nasxtra » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:50 pm

I am in a similar situation my wife and I have 2 kids together uk born and have been married for 4 years. During that time i had a change of jobs and have been working part time and claiming Working tax and child tax in my name but paid into her bank acoiunt. Due to an oversight her visa expired while she was abroad and we have since lodged a fresh application. Will the fact that I am claiming these benefits have any bearing on the visa being granted?

My take home wage is approx £800 p/m and total WT and CT credits Approx £400 p/m?

Any advise would help.

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:12 pm

To both of you, please read the first pinned topic in this Claiming Benefits section of this board, where the issues are fully discussed.
John