ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment & Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Employment & Citizenship

Post by rajesh.kishore » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:28 am

I am on ILR through HSMP and become eligible for Citizenship October next year.

Wonder if somebody knows of the connection between Employment and Citizenship, should I decide to start a business which may not generate much income by the time I apply for the citizenship?

Which is to ask, if I have very little business income/revenue, say £5000 in 6-8-10 months (and not all of this is profit) in 6 months after I float my business...will this impact the outcome of my citizenship application.

yarons

Re: Employment & Citizenship

Post by yarons » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:45 am

rajesh.kishore wrote:...will this impact the outcome of my citizenship application.
No. So long as you are not bankrupt and can pay the £720 for the application - you should be fine.

newperson

Re: Employment & Citizenship

Post by newperson » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:11 pm

yarons wrote:
rajesh.kishore wrote:...will this impact the outcome of my citizenship application.
No. So long as you are not bankrupt and can pay the £720 for the application - you should be fine.
The application will undoubtedly cost more than that in next October. Look for new fees information to be released in February/March 2010.