ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC refused to stamp and sign in Bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

patt

HSBC refused to stamp and sign in Bank statement

Post by patt » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi all,

I just went to HSBC ask for my bank statement, officer print it for me with letter head but she refuse to stamp and sign it for me. She told me that it is not Bank policy.

Can I use this statement as it print from the bank with bank letter head but no bamk stamp and sign? I'm very worry about that.

Thanks
PATT

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: HSBC refused to stamp and sign in Bank statement

Post by mvent00 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:27 pm

patt wrote:Hi all,

I just went to HSBC ask for my bank statement, officer print it for me with letter head but she refuse to stamp and sign it for me. She told me that it is not Bank policy.

If it is printed on their letter head, it should not be a problem. You can ask the visiting card of the bank/manager, and attach it with your statemetns. In case HO people need to verify these, they can contact them with this card.

Can I use this statement as it print from the bank with bank letter head but no bamk stamp and sign? I'm very worry about that.

Thanks
PATT

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:40 pm

Thanks
PATT
You can also try another branch of HSBC. Explain them that you need it for Visa purpose. I received stamp on my temp statements from one of the croydon branch.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks
PATT
NEXT time prepare for your application by changing your online statements to paper statements 3 months in advance so you do not need to deal with these issues.

adoshi15
Newly Registered

HSBC DID STAMP + NAME + SIGN

Post by adoshi15 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:21 am

Hi,

I applied for my visa on 19-Nov-2009.

I went to HSBC and they gave me a printout on their letter head which was stamped with the name and signatures of the person attesting the bank statement. I also requested for a business card of the person attesting the bank statement; which was provided to me.

I was very polite in my request and asked for a patient hearing to what exactly was required due to Visa purpose.

I would suggest; you try a different branch and take a printout of the guidance note which mentions the requirements of the bank statement.

Good Luck!

patt

Post by patt » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:22 am

I'm very scare and confuse as I need my last statement (december - for Jan to Nov i got it by post) by 7 jan. I will pop to other HSBC branch and ask for stamp and sign again. If not I have to send my last statement without stamp and sign.

PS. I'm too worry , cant sleep !!

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:00 am

patt wrote:I'm very scare and confuse as I need my last statement (december - for Jan to Nov i got it by post) by 7 jan. I will pop to other HSBC branch and ask for stamp and sign again. If not I have to send my last statement without stamp and sign.

PS. I'm too worry , cant sleep !!
Call telephone banking and ask him you need such statement. He will ask you to go to branch and get it. This will give you baseline to work on. Now go to branch and ask for statement with atleast stamp on it. If bank people say no...get them to speak to telephone banking officer and tell them that you are asked to get it from branch. Keep conversation polite.

If you do not succeed in one branch try another. If you can get stamp on the statement that is fine too. You don't necessarily need to have signed by bank. I have used statements which were only stamped by people.