ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my extension, Like to share the in person experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

billa_sss
Newly Registered

Got my extension, Like to share the in person experience

Post by billa_sss » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for your guidance in applying for my extension. I had an excellent experience in applying in person. I am sharing my experience here. My appointment was schedule for 11.15 a.m 23rd december. I reached croydon office around 10.00 a.m, but they requested me to come back around 10.30 a.m. It was quite cold, so walked to the close by shopping center. Returned back exactly around 10.30 a.m. stood in the security check queue waited for 10 mins then again another line to meet the first PEO officer who verifies all the documents including the photos. Again after 10 mins i got my token, Walked to first floor to pay my visa fees. Again waited for 15 mins in the queue. then waited for nearly 30 mins in the sitting hall. One of PEO supervisor called few token numbers and requested us to goto second floor. Then I walked to second floor, waited for my turn.

Finally, I heard my token number after waiting till 12.20 p.m. Then walked to window and submitted my documents to the PEO officer. After she went through my application and said she thought that I am applying for student visa. Then she said I think you need to go to another window and talk to the PEO officer sitting at that window. Then I walked to window spoke to PEO officer. He said we are sorry, we are running behind due to system failure. Please be seated I will request one of the PEO officer to look at your Tier-1 G application. Then I walked back to where i was sitting, waited for my next call again, mean while the person sitting next to me asked me what happened? I said to her, someone called me from that window and asked me goto this window and he says to wait and i said that is what i am doing. She said even my appointment is 11.15 and i am still waiting. Then within another 15 mins some one again called my token nmber, I walked to the PEO officer at the window and she said I will look at your application, but it will take lot of time so I will take break inbetween. she asked me is that ok?. You dont have a choice other than to say yes. I said Yes. then she just asked me to give only my passports to her. I submitted it and she said i am currently working on someone else application let me complete it and get back to you is that ok? Do you any choice other than to say yes. Then she requested me to sit before her window in the sitting hall. so that it would be easy for her to call me. And she called the previous application couples and started discussing with them.

She called me from her window around 1.30 p.m to submit my application, payslips, bank statement and P60. I told her i have p60 but i never mentioned it in my application still do you required my P60?. She said she required it. Then as i posted earlier in the board asking about the surname change appears in my wife visa page. she questioned me about that. I showed her the new changes in the visa page still she wasnt convinced then I said after marriage I recently requested to update my wife surname in her passport and you can find the update in my new renewed passport in the spouse column. It took a while to make her understand why my first name is used as her surnmae, she read several time the observation remarks in my wife visa page. she took a while to say ok. I think after that she asked me again go to shopping center and comeback around 3 p.m before they close the entrance. Since i have already been there once, i just waited there.

she once again called me around 3.15p.m asking me to highlight my salary in the bank statements submitted. She said i knew that you provided page information in the covering letter still highlighting all your salary to process faster. I obliged and highlighted the same.

Again she called me around 4.15 p.m to ask me some clarificaiton regarding the dependant bank statament and asked me to go back whereever i was sitting.

Again she called me back around 5.15 p.m, only person sitting in the long sitting hall which can accomdate around 200 persons in the second floor. She said that you are given an extension till 23 dec 2012. Then she realised immediately that she has given wrong dates and requested me to wait again. The security person was just starring at me, no words for him. after 15 mins she gave back my original statements and certificates and asked me to collect my passport from first floor.

I walked downstairs and found only 5 people are waiting to collect there passport and realised that they have come for 10.30 appointment in the morning.

oh, very long day, but no other choice.

Finally happy to see my passport had the entry clearances stamp and walked away from the embassy around 6 p.m

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Got my extension, Like to share the in person experience

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:38 pm

billa_sss wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks all for your guidance in applying for my extension. I had an excellent experience in applying in person. I am sharing my experience here. My appointment was schedule for 11.15 a.m 23rd december. I reached croydon office around 10.00 a.m, but they requested me to come back around 10.30 a.m. It was quite cold, so walked to the close by shopping center. Returned back exactly around 10.30 a.m. stood in the security check queue waited for 10 mins then again another line to meet the first PEO officer who verifies all the documents including the photos. Again after 10 mins i got my token, Walked to first floor to pay my visa fees. Again waited for 15 mins in the queue. then waited for nearly 30 mins in the sitting hall. One of PEO supervisor called few token numbers and requested us to goto second floor. Then I walked to second floor, waited for my turn.

Finally, I heard my token number after waiting till 12.20 p.m. Then walked to window and submitted my documents to the PEO officer. After she went through my application and said she thought that I am applying for student visa. Then she said I think you need to go to another window and talk to the PEO officer sitting at that window. Then I walked to window spoke to PEO officer. He said we are sorry, we are running behind due to system failure. Please be seated I will request one of the PEO officer to look at your Tier-1 G application. Then I walked back to where i was sitting, waited for my next call again, mean while the person sitting next to me asked me what happened? I said to her, someone called me from that window and asked me goto this window and he says to wait and i said that is what i am doing. She said even my appointment is 11.15 and i am still waiting. Then within another 15 mins some one again called my token nmber, I walked to the PEO officer at the window and she said I will look at your application, but it will take lot of time so I will take break inbetween. she asked me is that ok?. You dont have a choice other than to say yes. I said Yes. then she just asked me to give only my passports to her. I submitted it and she said i am currently working on someone else application let me complete it and get back to you is that ok? Do you any choice other than to say yes. Then she requested me to sit before her window in the sitting hall. so that it would be easy for her to call me. And she called the previous application couples and started discussing with them.

She called me from her window around 1.30 p.m to submit my application, payslips, bank statement and P60. I told her i have p60 but i never mentioned it in my application still do you required my P60?. She said she required it. Then as i posted earlier in the board asking about the surname change appears in my wife visa page. she questioned me about that. I showed her the new changes in the visa page still she wasnt convinced then I said after marriage I recently requested to update my wife surname in her passport and you can find the update in my new renewed passport in the spouse column. It took a while to make her understand why my first name is used as her surnmae, she read several time the observation remarks in my wife visa page. she took a while to say ok. I think after that she asked me again go to shopping center and comeback around 3 p.m before they close the entrance. Since i have already been there once, i just waited there.

she once again called me around 3.15p.m asking me to highlight my salary in the bank statements submitted. She said i knew that you provided page information in the covering letter still highlighting all your salary to process faster. I obliged and highlighted the same.

Again she called me around 4.15 p.m to ask me some clarificaiton regarding the dependant bank statament and asked me to go back whereever i was sitting.

Again she called me back around 5.15 p.m, only person sitting in the long sitting hall which can accomdate around 200 persons in the second floor. She said that you are given an extension till 23 dec 2012. Then she realised immediately that she has given wrong dates and requested me to wait again. The security person was just starring at me, no words for him. after 15 mins she gave back my original statements and certificates and asked me to collect my passport from first floor.

I walked downstairs and found only 5 people are waiting to collect there passport and realised that they have come for 10.30 appointment in the morning.

oh, very long day, but no other choice.

Finally happy to see my passport had the entry clearances stamp and walked away from the embassy around 6 p.m
Congrates , keep visiting

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Congrats Billa_sss..

can you post your experience in here for the help of others..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 280#319280

FYI, this is the collection of In-Person Application approvals
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Congrates Billa_sss.....!!!