ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No SURNAME GIVEN

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jaison4444
Newly Registered

No SURNAME GIVEN

Post by Jaison4444 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi my passport has no surname given!, it only states my given name which is given as Jaison Jose. In the psw application form it clearly states first name as given in passport and surname given as in passport. So what do i do? do i leave the surname column blank or write my surname as jose as i normally do in every other kind of form?

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:18 am

I assume you have a surname but it's not on your passport.

If this is the case then fill in your firstname and surname on the application form.

If you have no surname then fill exactly as on your passport.

What I do suggest you add covering a letter with your application expaining either the above.

Leave no room for doubt for the case worker

Jaison4444
Newly Registered

Hey

Post by Jaison4444 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:20 am

Hey i do have a surname and it is Jose, but the thing is it is written in the given names as Jaison (space) Jose! This is due to the fact the first indian passport had only the section given name and no surname and when it got renewed with new passports with a section surname, they continued to put the full name under given name, its weird

Jaison4444
Newly Registered

Post by Jaison4444 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Any suggestions guys?