ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds (UK and oveseas account)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PSWApplicant
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds (UK and oveseas account)

Post by PSWApplicant » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi,

I am using [b]a combination[/b] of UK and overseas bank account to show that the £800 balance was maintained in the last three months before the application. Could someone clarify from your experience that this worked fine for you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Maintenance Funds (UK and oveseas account)

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:19 pm

PSWApplicant wrote:Hi,

I am using a combination of UK and overseas bank account to show that the £800 balance was maintained in the last three months before the application. Could someone clarify from your experience that this worked fine for you.
If they r in ur name or joint with ur name no problem. Don't forget to have the overseas ones translated and notarised if they are in a language other than English.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Jabs

Re: Maintenance Funds (UK and oveseas account)

Post by Jabs » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:14 pm

PSWApplicant wrote:Hi,

I am using a combination of UK and overseas bank account to show that the £800 balance was maintained in the last three months before the application. Could someone clarify from your experience that this worked fine for you.
This will do nicely, ensure statements are provided on bank's letter head from the UK and oversees.

PSWApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PSWApplicant » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:16 pm

I do have the original bank statements in both cases. I plan to put a summary cover letter showing the total balance on all dates in the last 3 months (using the exchange rates from oanda).

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 am

Please becareful of the word "balance".

The requirement is not "daily balance", it every second in all the 90 days.

I have more that £800 everyday for 90 days but was still refused because on about 5 times the amount dipped for few minutes.

PSWApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PSWApplicant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Date of application: 08 Jan 2010
Date received at HO: 09 Jan 2010
Acknowledgement received: 15 Jan 2010 (dated 12 Jan 2010)
Visa stamped: 04 Feb 2010
Documents and passport received: 10 Feb 2010

PS: I used a combination of my UK accounts and overseas account to show the maintenance funds. I added a covering letter with a table containing details of balance on each day and the total balance, in the last 3 months. It was a smooth sail.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Again.
Be careful of "daily balance", its every seconds of 90 days balance.

PSWApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PSWApplicant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks Angelica. I agree with you. It worked well for me. I advice all applicants making use of overseas statements, to write a cover letter showing total balance on those dates and not leave it for the case worker to do the math. It helps them too immensely.

Syed_P
Newly Registered

Post by Syed_P » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey everyone!!

I applied for PSW visa in Dec and my application got rejected on Maintenance ground.. My balance fell below 800 pounds for a week by 30 pounds.... I didnt realise that the requirement was so strict and i had applied anways.

However I have money in my Pakistan account which covers the deficit, I had not shown this in with my application. Can i introduce it in the appeal for the same period???..

What are my chances in appeal? What should I do?.. Somebody please help.

PSWApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PSWApplicant » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Syed

I don't know if it will work during the appeal. I have no clue how these go. But if you do get your bank statements from Pakistan, ask for the entire three months just to be on the safer side and not just that one week. Also, they might ask for proof that the money in Pakistan is accessible for you here in UK on demand. This is what one of the FAQ emails from the HO said

" Evidence can be provided from a combination of accounts that are in your sole or joint accounts anywhere as long as the fund is accessible on demand in the United Kingdom."

In my case, I had asked for a letter also from the bank saying that I can use my overseas debit card to withdraw money here in UK.