ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

important question EEA2 please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waqaspk
Newly Registered

important question EEA2 please help

Post by waqaspk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:51 pm

hi,

I have applied for EEA2 married application, just wondering what kind of certificate of application which is the acknowledgement of eea2 people are currently recieving does it state the right to work? can anybody please mention anyone who recently recieved certificate of application which acknowledgement letter of eea2 whats written in that i heard its generic . Is it changed or what for married partners

thank you

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: important question EEA2 please help

Post by hunpak » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:36 am

waqaspk wrote:hi,

I have applied for EEA2 married application, just wondering what kind of certificate of application which is the acknowledgement of eea2 people are currently recieving does it state the right to work? can anybody please mention anyone who recently recieved certificate of application which acknowledgement letter of eea2 whats written in that i heard its generic . Is it changed or what for married partners

thank you
hi friend..i rescived my COA 2 weeks ago and it is mentioned that i have the same rights as an EU citizen, until my application is approved and even a part of letter for employers that tells them that the applicant is allowed to work :)

WellingtonKiwi

Post by WellingtonKiwi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 am

Hi there, I have a residence card as unmarried partner of an EEA citizen. When I received my COA in November it only stated that my application had been received by UKBA and recommended not to contact them for progress updates!
I assume you're applying as a spouse? Spouses are entitled to work but unmarried partners ('extended family members' aren't (as far as I understand).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:26 am

Due to the fact you held an EEA family permit, you should have been treated as a family member as stipulated on Regulation 7(3) and issued with a COA confirming your right to work.
[b] EEA Regulation 2006[/b] wrote: (3) Subject to paragraph (4), a person who is an extended family member and has been issued
with an EEA family permit, a registration certificate or a residence card shall be treated as the
family member of the relevant EEA national for as long as he continues to satisfy the conditions in
regulation 8(2), (3), (4) or (5) in relation to that
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors