ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (10yr) too many absences... advice please!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miki572
Newly Registered

ILR (10yr) too many absences... advice please!!

Post by miki572 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:54 am

Hello everyone,

I am going to apply for ILR based on 10yr long residence in February 2010.
However I have spent 663days in total outside the UK which means I have exceeded by 123days of allowed absences (540days). Over 400days of these lengthy holidays were university holidays. Apart from one holiday (97days) I have not spent more than 3 monthes continuously outside the UK.

I have regular income (part-time job) and a good amount of saving enough to buy a property in the near future. I have no criminal record.

Is there any chance for me to get ILR?
Or is it too risky to apply for ILR?

Also my last visa application was refused (not rejected) because I have forgotten to attach my photos but granted for visa after I have sent them with a new visa application form.

Is the period from the day my visa expired to the day I have submitted my second application form regarded as "illegal stay"?

It would be very grateful if someone can give me any advice on this matter. Ive been worried sick about my visa...

LEAH0308
Newly Registered

days

Post by LEAH0308 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Hello,

Did you end up applying for your visa. did you have any luck or advise.

Thanks

durian

Post by durian » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 pm

I wasn't lucky when I first applied two years ago. Had absence exceeding 600 days (can't remember the exact days), and it was refused. Like you I accumulated a significant amount of absences from uni term holidays. Mine did include several incidences of 90+ days absences at a single go though.

If you do apply, hope you're luckier than me. Good luck.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: ILR (10yr) too many absences... advice please!!

Post by senthil78 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:46 pm

miki572 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am going to apply for ILR based on 10yr long residence in February 2010.
However I have spent 663days in total outside the UK which means I have exceeded by 123days of allowed absences (540days). Over 400days of these lengthy holidays were university holidays. Apart from one holiday (97days) I have not spent more than 3 monthes continuously outside the UK.

I have regular income (part-time job) and a good amount of saving enough to buy a property in the near future. I have no criminal record.

Is there any chance for me to get ILR?
Or is it too risky to apply for ILR?

Also my last visa application was refused (not rejected) because I have forgotten to attach my photos but granted for visa after I have sent them with a new visa application form.

Is the period from the day my visa expired to the day I have submitted my second application form regarded as "illegal stay"?

It would be very grateful if someone can give me any advice on this matter. Ive been worried sick about my visa...

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 am

durian wrote:I wasn't lucky when I first applied two years ago. Had absence exceeding 600 days (can't remember the exact days), and it was refused. Like you I accumulated a significant amount of absences from uni term holidays. Mine did include several incidences of 90+ days absences at a single go though.

90 days rule is not applicable for the long residence application.

durian

Post by durian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:31 pm

senthil78 wrote:
durian wrote:I wasn't lucky when I first applied two years ago. Had absence exceeding 600 days (can't remember the exact days), and it was refused. Like you I accumulated a significant amount of absences from uni term holidays. Mine did include several incidences of 90+ days absences at a single go though.

90 days rule is not applicable for the long residence application.
Ah soo... that'd make sense. The rejection letter didn't mention anything about the 90 plus days absences. It did however refer to the 600 plus days absence.