ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointments - URGENT help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pranavdev
Newly Registered

ILR appointments - URGENT help

Post by pranavdev » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Dear all
I could not find out a thread which addresses the problems of getting appointments for in person applications either by phone or online. Hence starting this thread to share my experience.

I am eligible for ILR and trying to get an appointmet to attend in person because I am planning to visit India in March and I am not sure my passport will be returned by that time? Rang the UK Border agency every day from 8.55 am and managed to go through all the computer messages for 20 min and then spoke to a member of the staff - the message was - NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE.
They suggested to book online but when I told them I have been trying to book online for last two weeks and have not received the login details - the answer was ''I can't answer that as I dont deal with online booking''
Spoke to couple of agents - it is quite expensive 650 + VAT
I am not sure what to do now? Any suggestions please?[/b]

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:24 pm

hi try older dates first.you will c the appoinments then.i was facing same prob and i start that way and i got one :D
try this .dont look at urs dates just before dates ie if u want to apply in feb please check in jan dates the ppoinment will show
wish u best of luck

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:59 pm

sabeeh wrote:hi try older dates first.you will c the appoinments then.i was facing same prob and i start that way and i got one :D
try this .dont look at urs dates just before dates ie if u want to apply in feb please check in jan dates the ppoinment will show
wish u best of luck
Sabeeh,

Thanks for that tip. Did you get appointment for dependents too.
I looked the way you suggested, I saw two appointments in an office, but when I went back added dependents, the appointment dissappeared..

Not sure whether this means applicants with dependents will find it hard to get appointment...

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:43 pm

check evevry day .one day you will see yours date same i did and once a day i cheked and one day i found my date.
yes i got appoinment thanks God
I wish you best of luck

pranavdev
Newly Registered

ILR appointment Urgent help

Post by pranavdev » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:38 am

Hi
thanks all for the post. I actually tried with four different e mail IDs. I have been trying for last three weeks. Getting the dates is far but I have not received my login details yet!

Not sure whether anyone has similar problem?

Thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:50 am

Hi,
Do the agents give a guaranteed date and appointment, are they solicitors and reliable?
Please pm details, many thanks

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:30 am

hi pranavdev login detail should be in urs email in few minute
check urs junk mail alwyss
when i regesterd with them they send me ref number in minute and i loged in
best of luck

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:33 am

gidoc i m not sure about agents
why not try urs self and save money
:wink:
try online and phone both one day u will get through
i dnt knw other but thanks God i called twice and i got straight to customer service and i tried online and in couple of days i got appoinment
i wish evevry one best of luck

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:27 pm

hi dev

i have the same problem. i tried to register for three times but with the same email id. did not receive any response in inbox or junk. when i tried to contact them by phone they said no available dates. do not what to do now.

naks

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:22 pm

hi dev

instead of my official email address i tried with yahoo email and got the login details. but no luck in getting any appointment.

naks

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:24 am

i used my hotmail id and in second minute i got response

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:02 pm

I am trying to get appointment for past 10 days without any success. When I called them they said that all family appointments are booked until March and I should try using on-line system. Any idea when do they release new appointments? there site says new appointments are available everyday. is it true ? Am i that unlucky? Any tip to get appointment? My ILR is due in January this year and I am very frustrated now!

TA

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi coolwp
yes mostly appoinments come evevry day
try evevry day and try beck dates then you can c appinments
i wish you best of luck

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:27 pm

coolwp wrote:I am trying to get appointment for past 10 days without any success. When I called them they said that all family appointments are booked until March ..
TA
Until March? End of March or beginning of March?
I thought appointments through phone are booked only upto 6 weeks in advance.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Yes it is beginning of March. They said that they are not booking over phone and I should use the stupid online system

I am trying everyday and atleast 10 times in a day. I am also checking back dates.. any specific time i should check? The online system is so bad that you can't even save you wierd login id and transaction id :(

Senior members pls share some tips.

TA

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 pm

hi coolwp

i do not have that long experience. but read this forum very well and got clues. first i waited for the login details for the online system unneccesarily for few days as i used my official email account. when i used my yahoo account i got it immediately. then i found they all booked for 8 weeks. i tried 1 full day in the online system. i got tired off the online booking system. when i called over the phone on monday (4th jan). they said all dependent slots are booked for 15th feb. i asked when is the next available time. she said she can see until 15th feb in the computer system as of today. so obvious clue is they release the slots everyday. from this forum the clue is morning 8:59 call. so next day (5th jan) i stared calling from 8:55. i got few automatic answer that they are closed. then exacty at 8:58 i got an engaged tone. then i cut the call and called again. then got the automatic answer for two minutes and then in the queue then a guy answered. he asked everything urgently. i asked him why he is rushing. he told everything will get booked for 16th feb if i dont answer quickly. i asked for glosgow. he said all booked. only birmingham is available. i said ok. then gave all details about four people. i aksed him to check the spelling again. he said first he will book the solt then check with me. he said 12:45 is taken. then 11:00 is taken. finally got me 10:30. later he patiently checked all the spellings one by one. he is so helpful. so the lesson is the system is automated and even the people sitting there as to act quick in the morning to help the caller to get a slot. i could hear many other people also speaking over the phone to book others parallely. eventually i spent only one full day to get an appointment. i dont mind it is glasgow or birmingham as i live in aberdeen. hope this help.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks Nax_72. that means you have got for 16 feb! Congratulations and all the very best!!
Another question when you book online (well try to!) it never asked anything about Life in Uk. Do they ask about LIUK over the phone? Is is necessary the main applicant has to book it or my partner can also book (just wondering if we both try calling them- to double our chance ;)
I am prepared to get anywhere but I am getting frustated checking it online everytime.
Anybody in forum could get Family appointment on-line? I can't understand how these agents can offer appointment when HO does not have anything to offer!!
Thanks again!!

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:17 pm

hi coolwp

thanks for your wishes.

online system is not asking for whether we passed the life in the UK test. but the phone booking system guy asked me on what basis i like to apply for ILR. i said 5 years WP. did you pass life in the UK test? yes. any dependents? yes. any dependent above 16 years of age? yes my wife. does she pass the exam as well? yes. then he started asking for which PEO i am looking for.

for phone booking you have to give everyone's details before getting a slot. so too many dependents and lengthly indian names like ours can delay things :( we are four as well :( after i said the first person name he asked whether it is myself i said yes. so i think the dependent can also book the appointment. only got the phone line while booking your wife can say that she is a dependent then according to that they can book.

another thing about online system i observed. i started trying booking only from 2 PM on monday (4th jan). i say all booked and the fartherest option was week starting 01 march 2010. then from the forum i saw someone got around 6:00 to 6:30 PM some slots. so i kept on checking for every minute until 9:00 PM as i dont want the entered data to expire. i had to enter 4 people login ids everytime :( then i left it as i thought i should try calling in the morning. then before going to sleep at 1:00 AM i tried online again. for my surprise i saw the fartherest option was week commencing 08 march 2010. i think it might have added in the midnight (12:00) automatically. also it was a monday night. it might be like every week monday night at 12:00 they release the next week slots. all these my speculation. but for my another surprise all were taken. so it might be my the agents and solicitors.

as far as the solicitors and private agents concerend there are lots of background things. the above trick might be one :) i dont like to discuss about other things openly here :)

all the best to get an appointment tomorrow morning.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks a lot nax_72. I am sure this would be helpful to other members like me also. Now, I am all set to try on phone tomorrow and will share my experience with the Forum. I wish it would be gud one!
Thanks!!

hina.haroon
Newly Registered

Appointments available for 16th Feb 2010

Post by hina.haroon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:49 pm

i just checked the UKBA website and appointments are available for 16th Feb, 2010 in all cities ... Anybody who wishes to make an appointment for this date can do it now ..

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Hurray... I could get the appointment online.. Unfortunately, I have missed my first preference of Croydon but I was prepared to get where ever I could so I am happy!!!!! now am waiting eagerly to share my successful story!! Thanks everyone and Thanks to you Hina..

sabeeh
Newly Registered

Post by sabeeh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Best of luck coolwp and pray for all

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:32 pm

hi coolwp

congratulations for getting the online appointment. see working around the forum contineously helped you. thanks to hina i checked now. nothing is available :(

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:38 am

Hi all,
I am trying to book appt for 4, but nothing comes up online.
However I noted a single slot is available for 21/01 both at Croydon and Sheffield.
So guys , go for this if you need a Jan appt.

best regards

sunny69
Newly Registered

Post by sunny69 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:40 am

Hi All,

Since last week, me too was trying to get an appointment for family of 4 both thro' online (which only shows 'no appointments available') and everyday from 08:58 onwards with no luck. The only time I got closer is 2 days ago when the advisor took all the details of the family members (including their First names of the kids) only to find those slot already taken!!! With our Indian names being particularly long, it takes up valuable time :cry:
But..HURRAY..I got thro' today by phone, started to ring at exactly 8:59 am and in 2 mins got connected. I asked for Birmingham and there are 2 slots available at 09:45 & 12:00, so I chose for later. After giving all my details (this time, the kind person did not asked for the first names) those slots were filled up. I was so disappointed and began to curse my fate but then she said would I be interested to go for any other PEO which of course I am and then she offered me Liverpool slot at 12:00!!! :D
I guess based on my experience, there will be only 2-3 slots available for any family application at each of the PEO for that day and you should call really early to be successful before those Agency guys grab 'em up :wink:

So guys, especially with dependents under 18- you don't need to waste your time giving out first names-only the main applicant and the spouse first names are mandatory. The booking Ref is immedeatly SMS'ed to ur mobile, so Guys..I am looking forward to share my experience later once successful. Good luck to you all.