ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some specific Naturalisation questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamesbrown
Newly Registered

Some specific Naturalisation questions

Post by jamesbrown » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:28 pm

Hello All,

I came to the UK in June 2006 on a spouse visa and was awarded my ILR in June 2008. I am applying for naturalisation in January 2010.

My questions are

a) I am using the NCS for my application and my total days absent are over 450. This is all backed up by a company letter detailing where I was travelling to etc. I work in an executive position and travel overseas monthly. Someone told me that the NCS will not accept my application as they only accept straight forward applications and anything with discretions need to be mailed in. I need my passport for a trip I am making to Holland 10 days after my application. If they do not accept my application can I send a certified copy of my passport or is there any other way to hang on to my passport during the duration of my application?

b) I have one long absence of 10 months from January to October 2007 when I was stationed in an overseas office for work purposes. I contacted the liverpool centre and they said to explain this absence but did not confirm if it will reflect on the outcome of my application. I declared this on my ILR application and it was processed OK. Does anyone know if this violates any of the conditions set forth for naturalisation. I have a company letter that verifies my posting.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

JB

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:01 pm

NCS is not like a personal appointment at the PEO for ILR, etc. All they do is check your application form, copy your documents, and then forward your application. So it doesn't matter if your application is straightforward or not.

You do know that you have to have been in the UK exactly 3 years on the day they process your application? This won't be the same day as your NCS appointment. So depending on when you left the UK in January 2007 you may not be eligible especially if they take a several days before they process your application.

Not sure about your absences - maybe someone else can give you guidance..

jamesbrown
Newly Registered

Post by jamesbrown » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks for your response. I understand is not like an appointment at a PEO. I wanted to confirm that they do not reject processing applications where discretions need to be applied.

Also, can anyone please confirm if I can send a certified copy by mail or request my passport back quickly.

I appreciate everyones help on this.

JB

djb123 wrote:NCS is not like a personal appointment at the PEO for ILR, etc. All they do is check your application form, copy your documents, and then forward your application. So it doesn't matter if your application is straightforward or not.

You do know that you have to have been in the UK exactly 3 years on the day they process your application? This won't be the same day as your NCS appointment. So depending on when you left the UK in January 2007 you may not be eligible especially if they take a several days before they process your application.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:48 pm

jamesbrown wrote:Thanks for your response. I understand is not like an appointment at a PEO. I wanted to confirm that they do not reject processing applications where discretions need to be applied.

Also, can anyone please confirm if I can send a certified copy by mail or request my passport back quickly.

I appreciate everyones help on this.

JB

djb123 wrote:NCS is not like a personal appointment at the PEO for ILR, etc. All they do is check your application form, copy your documents, and then forward your application. So it doesn't matter if your application is straightforward or not.

Just call them upfront and ask

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 am

jamesbrown wrote:Also, can anyone please confirm if I can send a certified copy by mail or request my passport back quickly.
You can send a certified copy by mail, but if you use NCS they will just copy your passport and give it back to you there and then.