ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1General-Dependent visa(USA)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cooltoy
Newly Registered

Tier 1General-Dependent visa(USA)

Post by cooltoy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Happy New Year everyone!!! I please need help on a certain issue. I recently obtained a Tier 1 -general visa here in the UK but my wife unfortunately was unable to apply as a dependent under the tier 1 general because her current visa was obtained independently when she finished her studies.( post study work visa). We were told that she needs to apply outside the Uk as a dependent.

My wife currently holds an American Green Card but still lives and works currently in the Uk but has to shuttle in and out of the US to maintain her Green Card.
My question is this, does anybody know if she can apply for the Tier-1 general -dependent visa from the US because of her legal permit residence status or does she have to apply from her native country?

Does anyone have this experience? If she can apply from the US, how long do you know it will take to get the visa.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1General-Dependent visa(USA)

Post by mvent00 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Yes, she can apply for Tier 1 dependent visa in US, as she is a legal resident there. For processing times, please see this link: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes
cooltoy wrote:Happy New Year everyone!!! I please need help on a certain issue. I recently obtained a Tier 1 -general visa here in the UK but my wife unfortunately was unable to apply as a dependent under the tier 1 general because her current visa was obtained independently when she finished her studies.( post study work visa). We were told that she needs to apply outside the Uk as a dependent.

My wife currently holds an American Green Card but still lives and works currently in the Uk but has to shuttle in and out of the US to maintain her Green Card.
My question is this, does anybody know if she can apply for the Tier-1 general -dependent visa from the US because of her legal permit residence status or does she have to apply from her native country?

Does anyone have this experience? If she can apply from the US, how long do you know it will take to get the visa.

cooltoy
Newly Registered

Post by cooltoy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Thank you very much, it was really appreciated