ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions before sending application (nervous!)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sukate
Newly Registered

Questions before sending application (nervous!)

Post by sukate » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:40 pm

I am a US citizen with a few questions relating to the evidence required to submit the HSMP application.

1. Age - Is a certified copy of my passport and driver's license sufficient (rather than a notarized copy)?

2. Academic reference - I was planning to send an 'Official Transcript' from my awarding University. This does show my degree conferred, date and course. Would that be acceptable over the actual certificate?

3. Salary - My salary in USD is just over the £27,000 income band. Do you know what conversion rate they go on when translating the salary into GBP? Since the rate has been up and down during the past year, I was going to try and explain this in my cover letter, in hopes that they would use the average conversion rate over the past 12 months.

Also, for salary, I had made copies of all of my wage slips. Will they accept copies rather than the originals without them being notarized?

4. English Speaking - fairly obvious to me, but how am I to show evidence of proficiency in English? I was planning on stating that my B.S. degree was taught in English and that English is the main language in US). Should I put the note as a side note or in my cover letter?

5. What were some of the responses for question #10 (about arrangements to seek work)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

integrale
Newly Registered

Re: Questions before sending application (nervous!)

Post by integrale » Wed May 05, 2004 8:06 am

sukate wrote:I am a US citizen with a few questions relating to the evidence required to submit the HSMP application.

1. Age - Is a certified copy of my passport and driver's license sufficient (rather than a notarized copy)?

2. Academic reference - I was planning to send an 'Official Transcript' from my awarding University. This does show my degree conferred, date and course. Would that be acceptable over the actual certificate?

3. Salary - My salary in USD is just over the £27,000 income band. Do you know what conversion rate they go on when translating the salary into GBP? Since the rate has been up and down during the past year, I was going to try and explain this in my cover letter, in hopes that they would use the average conversion rate over the past 12 months.

Also, for salary, I had made copies of all of my wage slips. Will they accept copies rather than the originals without them being notarized?

4. English Speaking - fairly obvious to me, but how am I to show evidence of proficiency in English? I was planning on stating that my B.S. degree was taught in English and that English is the main language in US). Should I put the note as a side note or in my cover letter?

5. What were some of the responses for question #10 (about arrangements to seek work)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
May I ask what the difference is between notarized and certified? I am in the same boat as you. I also am a US citizen as is my wife and we'd like to go to the UK to work and live.